ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-25-2011   #1
GTOger

Default Hate it when this happens

So I took the Vette over the weekend to meet up with some friends. One of my buddies has a C5 and was anxious to see a ZR1 up close so we went out to the parking lot. First thing I saw was what looked like an enormous bird crap on the back of the car. Then I saw it all over the back window and the roof. Then I got around the side of the car and here's what I saw:

SUCK!

I have no idea what it was. It almost looked like someone threw a milkshake or something similar at the car. I couldn't find a cup or other implement anywhere close.

I wasn't racing anybody or making a d!ck of myself on the way out there. The car was parked neatly in the middle of a parking spot, one away from the furthest in the lot. I never got into an altercation or really came into contact with anybody I didn't know all night. The car was clean but it's a 21 year old car just minding its own business. I wasn't being an a$$ taking up 3 spots or a handicapped spot or a fire lane or "flaunting" my Corvette. I could really care less about all that. I drive what I drive because I like driving it. Whether it's the ZR1, the Harley or whatever I leave the stereotypical attitude behind.

Fortunately there was no permanent harm done. I left and went right to a car wash, where I got funny looks by the cops who saw me washing my car at 2:45AM. I'm sure they've seen worse.

Anyhow... I'm just venting to a friendly crowd. Thanks for indulging. I hope that whatever (possibly very drunk) creep got his rocks off by trashing my car gets what's coming to him someday.

Meantime, I'm never taking the car back out to Frisco again. What a dump of a town.

(BTW: the spooge-obscured face in the photo is my buddy who fired up the ZR1 and couldn't believe how smoothly it runs. Or how it just sounds so much better than his LS1 with Corsa exhaust).
[B]1990 Corvette ZR-1 (#1930)
Red/Black, Stock Engine, Henderson Performance custom ECM, FIC Injectors, B&B exhaust, Kenwood DNX6160[/B]
Other Rides:
1992 Pontiac Firehawk (#010), 1967 Pontiac GTO
1998 Porsche 968, 2000 Harley Davidson FXST
1986 Pontiac Trans Am, 1931 Ford Model A Tudor Deluxe
GTOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Hate it when this happens

The world is full of AZZholes. Im glad nothing really bad happend to the car. It could have been much much worse.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #3
Nacho_ZR1

That pic made my stomach turn! Never leave that Z outta your site man. There's a bunch of punk "ricer" kids who think the world begins and ends with Honda's and Acura's. No respect.

I know that on Wednesday nights, alot of people gather in the parking lot of the Bone Daddies over off I-20 and Matlock Rd in Arlington. I've been there a couple times and the area is always packed and watched over by Arlington PD.
Nacho_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #4
tomtom72

some people just have to deface other people's property. I don't know why. Maybe they are jealous and can't figure out how to cope with another person's success?

I'm glad it was not a carbonated soft drink, or a key mark. To me the biggest problem is that there is no defense against something like this type of behavior. We can't just sit & watch our cars every where we go with them.

Man your Z looks great! She "pops"!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #5
LGAFF

I thought it was a GS stripe
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #6
GTOger

Thanks fellas. I'm prepping the car this weekend with some new weather stripping on the windshield header/frame and the targa top to windows. The new Nitto 55's will go on tomorrow. Then it's a cruise on West to Vegas and back. Can't wait to open her up on the road!

Hopefully no bad incidents while we're away from home but you just never can tell. The A-holes ARE everywhere, and we can't ALWAYS be standing guard.

Oh yeah... Nacho: maybe I'll come see you sometime in Arlington. I don't get over to T.C. very often. Honda does some amazing things with small motors. I'm driving a TL to dinner tonight and helped my cousin into a CR-V this week. But they don't have the same "spirit" as the ZR1! Not by a longshot! That's a whole nother thread, though, isn't it!?
Red/Black, Stock Engine, Henderson Performance custom ECM, FIC Injectors, B&B exhaust, Kenwood DNX6160[/B]
Other Rides:
Old 02-25-2011   #7
LGAFF

you'll enjoy this...

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....hlight=respect
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #8
Polo-1

looks like my old AB car. SOMEONE unnamed was driving it and brought it back full of milk.....

DDSLT5
Polo-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #9
1990 quasar blue

I believe the quote goes "It would've been worth him doing it just to catch him doing it." I feel for you and I'm glad it washed off. Any security cams?
1990 ZR1 #2574
Medium Quasar Blue Metallic
1 of 19
1990 quasar blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #10
GTOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
I've got a similar story. Woke up one night to the doorbell ringing. Was around 1am. Don't know why I decided that was the time I would jump up & run downstairs in my underwear. Then the egg hit the window. My wife & are are adults, no kids. I bust a55 out the door full throttle - in my underwear - and chase the surprised kids down the sidewalk, across the footbridge (creek in front of house) and to the street. Jumped in front of the car and got the plate. Jr. took off without me getting a piece of him, but I did have the plate and a subscription to PublicData.com. Guess who was waiting at home for him when he and his buddies rolled up.

I hopped out of my car, which looked very Gov't Issue. Never identified myself as a cop, but had the 5-cell light in his face and was shouting at him "Get on the ground! Do it now!" (I watch COPS a lot.) 3 punks scrambled but I got the driver. Got his license, asked him where he'd been. "nowhere! I swear! Are you a cop?" "No" I said. "Go home, don't come back out tonight. I'll be in touch."

Next morning at 8am I was on the phone with his mom. "Ma'am, I'm sorry to call you this morning, but I have video." She was embarrassed and apologetic. She called the mom of another one of the kids. She was a strong black mom who didn't take any sass. She proceeded to round up all the kids who showed up within 20 minutes with buckets and brushes and soap. They cleaned every window, every piece of the front of the house. Then they all apologized.

I only had one question. "Why my house?" Best answer was a shurg and a "I dunno." Completely random.

And you know, I have the same question again about this weekend's incident. Unfortunately, even though I'll never know, I have a feeling the answer would probably be the same, only this time from an older, drunker punk.

Quasar: no, no vid of this one. Probably just as well though.
Other Rides: