ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-31-2007   #1
ROGER E

Default Got beat today by a M5

At 5500 RPM in 5th gear he past me with ease. New M5 most likley the 500 HP V10. So now I want to supercharge my car...anyone have an idea how?
ROGER E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Got beat today by a M5

hmmmmmm

Have you ported / polished your motor? Headers and Exhaust?

If so the STS program is almost done.... They have been working on it and I "believe" it is about $7k. (don't quote me)

That M5 is a monster too!
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #3
tccrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER E
At 5500 RPM in 5th gear he past me with ease. New M5 most likley the 500 HP V10. So now I want to supercharge my car...anyone have an idea how?
Roger:

Hmmm... 5500 RPM in 5th gear....... Trying to do the math in my head...
Uuuuhhhh.... Ummm....
Holy Crap!!
Assuming standard rear end gears, you were doing close to "Where Life Begins"!
Where the heck in the Folsom area is enough room to do warp 1.8?

Bummer that he beat you, but what the heck, he spent a TON more money.
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #4
jonszr1

roger , was it a silver one ? i was up in your area on 50 just north of sac and got into a little race with one and he lost by about 3 cars. my car has headers ported inj,plenum a custom tune , 410 gears. wht dont you try these mods and i think the outcome will be more to your liking. my car with drag radials has gone 12.06 @ over 119 mph . compared to stk which 13.20s @108+ mph if your interested in doing those mods pm me and i'll give you the phone numbers of who I used.
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #5
ROGER E

My car is ported, k&n, cut out the bumper for max air flow, Doug Rippie chip, Accell injectors, Borla exhaust, aluminum fly wheel, and running octane booster. The M5 was a few car lengths behind me when we jumped on it, but he caught up to me and passed me! I had just gotten on east bound 50 at Bradshaw at around 11:00 PM and it was a black M5. I am up for putting headers on my car, but will it get me to 500 hp? Jon let me know where in my area I can take my car to who even knows what a ZR1 is!
ROGER E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #6
cuisinartvette

Are your heads ported?

Oh, and watch out for Jon, hes got a real real bad rash, it aint pretty.
Old 08-01-2007   #7
jonszr1

roger , GET HEADERS that is a big cork in your hp . when you port things you get the air in but with out headers its like your car is trying to breath thru cocktail straws (you know the little tiny red ones ) get headers and get a good tune fromclass guy ask around in your area who does good work one name will popp up time and time again as good . it will be worth it . you get headers and a good tune and he eats your dust. was the car silver ? wonder if it was the same guy who lost to me?
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #8
lbszr

- 4,999 cc 5 liters V 10 front engine with 92 mm bore, 75.2 mm stroke, 12 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Premium unleaded fuel 91
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 18 and EPA city (mpg): 12
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 18.5 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 373 kW , 500 HP SAE @ 7,750 rpm; 383 ft lb , 520 Nm @ 6,100 rpm

He'd run out of gas first Might be close with headers and a tune since you have the porting done(unless M5 has mods). Would like to of heard that at 5500 in 5th gear, making me want to take mine for a spin. Beat by a beamer doesn't sound right Need a rematch.
Old 08-01-2007   #9
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER E
Roger,
We (Ron Hanselman and I as Raptor, LLC and in conjunction with STS) are well along with the ZR-1 rear, twin turbo construction. Turbos are mounted, hot side is done, cold/boost side should be nearing completion. We expect to be road testing the fabricated prototype within 2 weeks. Will take appx 4 weeks after that to finish piping jigs, CNC polished SS piping, final test fitting, installation manual and system inventory. So, 6~ 8 weeks it should be ready to market. We are expecting to have it ready for the Las Vegas Gathering.

We just finished road testing on the LT1 Corvette, single rear turbo. At 8# boost, it went from 268 rwhp to 408 rwhp, a 52% increase and 264 rwtq to 437 rwtq, a 65% gain. What really matters is PUC (power under the curve). It pulls like a freight train.

The LT5, due to its stock compression of 11:1 and 4 bolt/cylinder design, will be tested by Raptor at 5# boost which is expected to result in about a 33% increase in Hp and even greater gains in Tq. Here again though, it's PUC and the increase in torque that will really show off. FWIW, I am personally aware of a TT LT5 that was dyno tested for 30 tuning runs at 8# boost with no ill effects. Point is....a stock engine may withstand more than the 5# boost we are representing as a safe level, we just can't push the envelope for marketing purposes.

Go ahead and put headers on your car as the LT5 twin turbo system requires headers anyway.

We will be posting pictures and progress reports here on the ZR-1 Net Registry Forum as it becomes available.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #10
Aurora40

Geez! I hope you have 4.10's on the rear, or else that's about 160mph!
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote