ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-16-2011   #1
Demps

Default NW Florida ZR-1s

Was perusing the owner?s registry this week and came across a local ZR-1 that I didn?t know was here. It is always great to find ZR-1s nearby. NW Florida is not a performance car lovers mecca?there is an eighth mile track but nothing else but straight roads and LOTS of cops and the occasional show and shine.

I contacted the owner and he was receptive to showing the car. Turned out he was a helluva guy. His ?warehouse? was awesome as well as his C2 and C5. The prize though was #74 Red/Beige, 1,1xx mile beauty. Man, that car was nice.

There are quite a few ?95s here. There is a black/black in Ft Walton that we can?t seem to track down. Talked to his brother on the CF but never heard from the Z owner.

There is a ?90 for sale at a dealership, a ?90 for sale in Navarre, a ?91 for sale in Niceville. Jim Nolan has a beautiful ?92 SGC car. Robin Bailer has a LPE ?94. Steve Horton has his original owner ?92 Red/White and 2 x ?95s (Red and Yellow). Steve also saw a Ruby in a garage in his neighborhood but did not know who it was and couldn?t get in touch with them. Frank Wilmering has a green ?95 in Panama City.

I think we need a Spring Gathering at the beach here in the Destin area. Bring the wife/significant other and they can enjoy the beaches and shopping while we monkey with cars.

If you are in NW Florida please check in here.

Ted
Demps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #2
VetteMed

Default Re: NW Florida ZR-1s

Not quite NW Florida, but North-Central FL. About 4 hours from Destin. '91 #302 White/Gray

Andrew
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #3
Jim Nolan

Default Re: NW Florida ZR-1s

Ted,

Something like that would cool if we could also get a dyno set-up. I would like to dyno mine again now that I have the (eh-um) small issues taken care of. There is a few of them running around Pensacola to.

Jim
Jim Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote