ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-27-2005   #1
zovick

Default Windshield Date Codes

I have a question regarding later ZR1 windshield date codes and am wondering if anyone can answer this or point me to a correct source to find the answer. What date code letters were used by LOF for the years 1994 and 1995? I have the NCRS Judging Book for 1990-1991 which gives the letter codes for all twelve months and the codes "C", "G", and "J" for the years 1989 through 1991. It also indicates that the year codes would be "A" for 1992 and "Z" for 1993, though the NCRS does not judge those years yet. I would like to know if the "A" and "Z" are correct and also if anyone knows what letters were used for the years 1994 and thereafter until the end of availability of correct ZR1 windshields, which I have been told was in about 1997 or 1998 when the supplies ran out. Thanks for any assistance you may provide.
zovick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: Windshield Date Codes

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I don't know the answer to your question, but someone should be along that knows.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
zovick

Thanks for the encouragement, Z Factor. If some of the owners of 94 and 95 Z's could just look at their original windshields and post the two code letters here along with the year of their cars, it would be helpful.

The date code is under the KOOLOF logo at the lower corner of the windshield on the passenger side of the car. Usually, the month letter code is at the left side under the "ASI" and the year letter code is at the right side under some numbers.

Thanks to any owners who can check these out and post their codes.
Old 11-27-2005   #4
RICHARD TILL

its not what you asked for but i just checked my 90 model z 2161 and it read nos. x o just below that was dot 15 m 44. dont know what means either. no lamination at all. stays in garage mostly.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
zovick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD TILL
its not what you asked for but i just checked my 90 model z 2161 and it read nos. x o just below that was dot 15 m 44. dont know what means either. no lamination at all. stays in garage mostly.
Hi Richard. You may need to check that second letter to be sure it isn't a "C" (or a "G"). They are a bit hard to read sometimes. The letter "X" designates the month of February, and "C" would be 1989 and "G" would be 1990. It is possible for windshields to predate the car by up to 12 months, so an early 1990 car could have a windshield manufactured in Feb. 1989.
Old 11-30-2005   #6
Fort94z

zovick,
Here is what I have.

Koolof
Shaded
Safety Float
AS 1 3.
Laminated YZ
Dot 15 M44

My car is a 94. Built in Jan. of 1994. Hope that helps.
Fort94z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #7
zovick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort94z
zovick,
Here is what I have.

Koolof
Shaded
Safety Float
AS 1 3.
Laminated YZ
Dot 15 M44

My car is a 94. Built in Jan. of 1994. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your response! Your windshield was manufactured in October (Y) of 1993 (Z), so it falls in nicely with the build date of your car (though they can preceed the car's build date by as much as a year). Can you also tell me if the letters YZ were together at one side or spaced a couple inches apart with one at either side of the logo? Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2005   #8
ZR1OUS 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick
Thanks for your response! Your windshield was manufactured in October (Y) of 1993 (Z), so it falls in nicely with the build date of your car (though they can preceed the car's build date by as much as a year). Can you also tell me if the letters YZ were together at one side or spaced a couple inches apart with one at either side of the logo? Thanks again.

Hi,
My car is also a 94 with the Y-Z code and was built in Jan of 94 also...My letters are spaced maybe an inch or so apart.....Kevin
89 6-spd vert, 91 ZR1 Wht/Red, 91 ZR1 Quasar Blu/ Blk
2004 Z06/Z16 94ZR1 Adm.Blue/Lt.Gray...ALL GONE
ZR1OUS 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #9
Fort94z

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick

As you look at the logo, the Y and the Z are near the bottom right hand area of the logo. There is about a 1/2 inch space between the two.
Fort94z is offline   Reply With Quote