ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-04-2013   #1
XfireZ51

Default ROZA NERO Interior Conversion

Well I have been asked to document conversion of my interior from black to Cognac. The car is a 92 Black Rose w black interior. 2 of my Vettes, the 72 and 84, both had saddle interiors. I thought black rose would benefit and brighten from installing a similar interior. I thought more of the red would come through w the cognac interior. Looking for a classic color combo. Still need seats or covers and rear carpet, but I thought I'd start installing the "easier" pieces to start getting an idea of how it would actually look. So I have finished drivers side door panel, hush panel, and sill.
Here's a couple of shots:

Compared to this:

As =Jeff= would tell you, on any conversion there's always something. As much as things look like they haven't changed, we find small things that make the conversion process a PITA. Tolerances from year to year change. Having worked in at a GM assembly plant for 6 years, I can tell you "substitutions" happen all the time.

Here's an example of the difference between 91 and 92 interior bits that wasn't very obvious until you start swapping parts. Door and interior night lights.

1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: ROZA NERO Interior Conversion

Dom are you going to carry the Black inner door theme to the other door by removing the black arm rest and door pull on the passenger side? The original passenger door never carried the dash color beyond the passenger side of the dash however, I think it look so much better if the left side and right match doors. I noticed this in Phils car when we were working on the hatch as his is Red on Cognac. He said he thought that was the way GM wanted it to keep the "Cockpit" feel.

Im replacing my passenger door panel in a month (When its cooler) I offered to give my black insides to Phil however Im not sure if he wants them.

The 90-93 Doors were a lot better structurally and had removable parts. The 94-96 doors were cheap one pieces POS panels with the hidden doors in the arm rests as the only redeaming feature.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 10-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #3
GOLDCYLON

Dom ????

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 10-08-2013   #4
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Well I have been asked to document conversion of my interior from black to Cognac.
I am watching closely
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #5
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Dom ????
Guys,

Well I spent the weekend doing both doors and sills. I'll take pics. I thought about your suggestion regarding the swapping black armrests, but I would agree w Phil regarding the "cockpit" feel for the drivers side. I am sure it would look good w the black but I am trying to get away from that. Besides, the pass. door panel is in very good shape and OEM. I really don't want to hack it and be left w a worthless panel. Need to do the pass side knee bolster but before I start ripping out the seats, need to land on a rear carpet set that includes the riser. I have the front footwells, sills, doors,and B pillar. Willcox has a 20% discount on carpet sets.

The door panels are a bit of a PITA to line up the screw holes, especially the ones in the armrest recess. Lots of put on/take off to make sure the mounting sequence works w wndow switch, door switch etc.
Needed to drill different holes for the door sill covers.
After the carpet, the issue will be seats or seat covers. In the meantime,
black seats won't look bad.
Old 10-08-2013   #6
GOLDCYLON

If I remember right Dom those pieces of the panel etc just unscrew so the transfer would be easy.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 10-08-2013   #7
Scrrem

Looks great Domnic!! Can't wait to see it finished.
Rich
1990 Bright Red Coupe #608

380 Stroker, Ported Heads/Intake/Housings/TB
Haibeck Secondary Delete Chip / Pete's Cams
George Braml Intake / FIC Injectors
Coated SW Headers / Corsa
Bill Boudreau B/B ZF6 / Viper 4.10 gears
Ron Davis Radiator
Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH NAV
Fikse FM5's 285 / 335 / C6 Brakes

WAZOO Member
Scrrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #8
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
If I remember right Dom those pieces of the panel etc just unscrew so the transfer would be easy.
Yes I saw that. Got a bit impatient to get this part done.

Thanks Rich. I think it will be a classic look and the cognac brings out more of the ROSE in the body.
Old 10-08-2013   #9
Scrrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Yes I saw that. Got a bit impatient to get this part done.

Thanks Rich. I think it will be a classic look and the cognac brings out more of the ROSE in the body.
I still have my rear carpet if you need any pieces
Rich
1990 Bright Red Coupe #608

380 Stroker, Ported Heads/Intake/Housings/TB
Haibeck Secondary Delete Chip / Pete's Cams
George Braml Intake / FIC Injectors
Coated SW Headers / Corsa
Bill Boudreau B/B ZF6 / Viper 4.10 gears
Ron Davis Radiator
Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH NAV
Fikse FM5's 285 / 335 / C6 Brakes

WAZOO Member
Scrrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #10
XfireZ51

Some additional pics. Light is a bit poor.

A quick compare before

After