ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-04-2006   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Lightbulb Attending the C4/ZR-1 Gathering without a ZR-1?

I'm thinking about going the the C4/ZR1 Gathering this year even though I don't have a Z to bring. How suck would it be to just fly in, get a rental car and stay for 3 days? Would it still be worth it? I have never been to the Corvette Museum so that's a plus. I would get to meet other ZR-1 owners and drool over their cars and dream about mine . Hopefully there will be a lot of vendors to buy stuff but I can't fly back with much. The bottom line is I would never be able to bring my Z from Hawaii (its possible, but not on my income).

I'm going to research all the costs involved over this weekend and put in for a 4 day pass to attend. I don't have any military leave as I burned it all up and in the hole from my visit home last month. Anyway, if I do decide to come I'll see you folks there.

Aloha from Georgia,

Craig
Old 03-04-2006   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: Attending the C4/ZR-1 Gathering without a ZR-1?

You would not go into complete withdrawal since plenty of guys will give you a ride in their ZR-1's, and may even let you get behind the wheel. That combined with meeting new friends and seeing the NCM should make the trip worth your time.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #3
HAWAIIZR-1

Z Factor,

Thanks for the encouragement. I called my better half last night and mentioned it and was highly encouraged to attend.....that is a plus so there will be no suprises when she sees the credit card bill. It's always nice to have the blessing of the boss. I'm researching my flights/hotel/car, etc. to see what the availability and cost will be. By the way, do all wives call us "Obsessed"; I told her that at least my obsession keeps me home most of the time unlike the guys that go gambling, to bars, golfing, etc......when I'm in Hawaii the darn thing always has me tinkering in the garage and she always knows where to find me and I'm not out running around getting into trouble. She knows that the ZR-1 folks are a great bunch of guys and gals.

Aloha,

Craig
Old 03-05-2006   #4
RICHARD TILL

HAWAIIZR1, Unless something unforseen happens i`ll be going and most likely by myself. Keep in contact. You`ve got a ride....Richard.......
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #5
HAWAIIZR-1

Richard,

Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you with contact so we can make contact and see if that will work for both of us. That would be just great if so.

Craig
Old 03-05-2006   #6
A1990

There really isn't much in the way of "vendors" per se.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #7
HAWAIIZR-1

Thanks Dennis!. So basically like what is on the agenda and nothing more to see and do? I might have to rethink it. I guess I was picturing something like Corvettes at Carlisle or Mid American Motorworks Funfest on a much smaller scale with vendors and products on display, etc. I know I want to sign up for the plant tour. But I was concerned looking at the Agenda that I might be bored to tears at times not having a Z to participate in the road tours, dyno, drive through troubleshooting, etc.
Old 03-05-2006   #8
A1990

More about the people and the cars I'd say. Oh yeah and the racing, real and bench
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #9
Corvette95

Come on over...I will be there with or without my Z. Justed a room at the Courtyard Marriot
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #10
HAWAIIZR-1

Corvette95,

Yeah, it sounds like a good time either way. I'll wait to see if I can link up with Richard Till. If not, I have enough frequent flyer milage for a round trip free and enough points at Marriott for several nights stay also. Maybe I'll see ya there.