ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-01-2010   #1
DMark

Default Soon For Sale (Need Price Help)

Time has come to move on to something else. Looking for opinions from the Brotherhood.

What should I expect to sell my car for?

Not asking what we think our ZR-1s are really worth..., but understanding today's market what should I set my price at in order to make a reasonable sale?

This is Ed's (FastZR1) former car that I bought from him off of this site five years ago. Runs Great. Looks Great. It is the most noteworthy Corvette that I have ever owned. Not looking to re-coup an "investment" just want to sell the car at a price that is fair to all.

So, the details.....

1991 Corvette ZR-1 # 1643.
Bright Red Exterior & Red Interior.
47k miles.

Engine. Work performed by Jim Van Dorn of Auto Masters in Bowling Green, KY. Polish & Ported Plenum, Injector Housing, Air Horn & Throttle Body - Stainless Works headers coated by Swain Tech - Flowmaster Cat-Back - MagaFlow Hi-Flo CATs and exhaust tips - Open air lid - New Injectors - New Coils - New Sparkplug & Wires - Complete New Vacuum Hose Kit - Radiator Removed & Cleaned - Oil Cooler Removed & Cleaned - New Oil Level Sensor - New Belt - New Samco Hoses - New Thermostat - New Alternator - New Starter - New PVC - Engine Powder Coated - Tune by Marc Haibeck - This LT5 now has a honest 430-435HP at the crank.

Drivetrain. Transmission rebuilt by ZF Doc - New Clutch & Master Cylinder - Hurst shifter - ZF Doc Drive line beam plates - New inside and outside Brute Force U-joints - New Front Hubs - New Rear Hubs.

Tires & Brakes - 95 A-mold GM wheels - Goodyear F1 GS-D3s - Lowering Blocks & Bolts - Grand Sport brake calipers - Power Slot rotors - Ceramic pads - DRM stainless brake lines - DRM brake bias spring.

Interior & Body - Complete Bose System Rebuild - New front air dam - New floor & cargo mats - 95 style Gill panels - ZR-1 emblems on hood - New nose & gas lid emblems - Bumpers repainted - Recent professional detailing.

All original takeoff parts, GM service manuals along with the wiring manual and LT5 supplement, Window Sticker and Build Sheet included. Only known issues are minor bolster wear on the driver seat along with wear on the driver side carpet near the dead pedal. This car is ready for another 20 years.

So What Say The Brotherhood?

Slaying the Dragon (US129) Nov 2009.

Just Back from JVD's shop April 2009.
LS3,LS6,LT1,LT5,L98,L82,L36,L79,L76

Last edited by DMark; 06-01-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Fixed some Font issues
DMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #2
LGAFF

Default Re: Soon For Sale (Need Price Help)

Hate to say this, but I would guess 19.5-22K
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #3
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

WOW that car is beatiful and well come!!!

I agree with Lee, but maybe $24k to the right buyer.

Good luck with the sale!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #4
GOLDCYLON

18.5k to 22k Clean ride
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #5
Sgreg

Prices are hard to swallow; keep it if you can. I think the market is just about bottomed out on our cars. A little bump in the economy and the *&^%$#$%^ stock market might give you some help in a year or two. Car presents very well.
Old 06-01-2010   #6
Kevin

holy crap! wish i had the cash to buy this
Old 06-01-2010   #7
DMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
18.5k to 22k....
GC,

Yup, I agree. That is the spread that I'm thinking.

18.5k = Value to Buyer.
22k = Worth to Seller.

Thanks,
Old 06-01-2010   #8
scholtmj

Oooh post some more pictures! How much did you lower it?
scholtmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #9
DMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholtmj View Post
Oooh post some more pictures! How much did you lower it?
I didn't even know it was lowered until Ed sent me some pics after I got the car. Thanks for mentioning the stance. Of course, it being on the Dragon will make for some good laternal Gs. I expect its lower about an inch all the way around.

Ed installing the front lowering blocks.

Last edited by DMark; 06-01-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-01-2010   #10
phrogs

I can't remember how much it lowers the front end but it does a bit, that hugh rubber piece you see on the spring infront of Ed's face is Cut off and you glue a small 1/8 of an ich or so block to take its place and thats what lowers the front end it is a pain in the *** job to do as far as what you get from all that labor.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote