ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-14-2017   #1
SBAquaLT5

Default Door Decals

I have a bit of a pickle in that someone that didn't know any better painted/removed the factory driver door jamb decals including the build date and tire loading.
There are a few companies that can recreate these decals I've found, however I need to provide the build date info... I have the OEM build sheet, but I understand that is the order date, not the build date?

Can anyone share how these stickers should be placed, what they would look like on a '93, and where else I could find the build date on the ZR-1?
Old 12-14-2017   #2
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Door Decals

I am interested in this as well.. I don't have mine and it would be a nice to have item

Sorry I am not much help
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017   #3
We Gone

I took a pic of mine 91 & 93 just in case something happened to them but have no way to post pics here. PM me your e-mail and I would be glad to share what I have, The vin# and build date will differ on yours also the recommended tire pressure changed.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold

Last edited by We Gone; 12-14-2017 at 12:43 PM.
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017   #4
WVZR-1

The vendors that offer the reproductions generally require a digital image of the "old/original" before they'll supply you another. I know of no one that will reproduce one without it. maybe something "similar" but not a duplicate of the original.

Once the car leaves the dealer as a sold unit the certification label actually can't be requisitioned by the dealer. I don't believe that it's changed through the years.

I believe people have attempted "photoshop" for them and have been refused.

I've done many using this company. I actually asked (only once) if I could be accommodated. I guess when I asked I had likely had 3 - 4 dozen orders processed with a commercial account.

http://www.ecsvin.com/order.php

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-14-2017 at 05:34 PM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017   #5
SBAquaLT5

I did contact ECS vin and they said they could do it for $120 or something like that. This was before I got my build sheet. They have records of what the 90's GM cars look like, but I would rather them know for sure with a real ZR-1 tag. I have found a couple other sites that do the repro, but several have suggested ECS.

It's worth every penny to get it back on the car the way it should be, I just need to make sure I give them the right data! There's gotta be another build date somewhere on the car...

Thanks guys
Old 12-14-2017   #6
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBAquaLT5 View Post
I did contact ECS vin and they said they could do it for $120 or something like that. This was before I got my build sheet. They have records of what the 90's GM cars look like, but I would rather them know for sure with a real ZR-1 tag. I have found a couple other sites that do the repro, but several have suggested ECS.

It's worth every penny to get it back on the car the way it should be, I just need to make sure I give them the right data! There's gotta be another build date somewhere on the car...

Thanks guys
Take your VIN to a GM parts department and I believe when they do a SPID request it may still show the mo/yr that the certification label shows. If you ordered the build sheet from NCM then you should have gotten a window sticker also that should validate also mo/yr.

Having a '93 with the low # of builds you should be able I'd think to create the mo/yr from other references by '93 owners.

Good luck with ECS with no snapshot confirmation! Others are only similar - theirs a 'reproduction'.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-14-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2017   #7
WVZR-1

OP - I had a conversation with friend today regarding your car. Build on a GM inquiry looks like 27 Oct '92 - I have the files if you need. I have BCM codes etc in an easier access than generally the build sheets if you don't know where to look. What date is on your build sheet.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-15-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2017   #8
SBAquaLT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
OP - I had a conversation with friend today regarding your car. Build on a GM inquiry looks like 27 Oct '92 - I have the files if you need. I have BCM codes etc in an easier access than generally the build sheets if you don't know where to look. What date is on your build sheet.
Thanks! Sent you a PM with the date on my build sheet. If October 27 1992 is build "sticker" build date, that's a big help. You guys are all great.
Old 12-16-2017   #9
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBAquaLT5 View Post
Thanks! Sent you a PM with the date on my build sheet. If October 27 1992 is build "sticker" build date, that's a big help. You guys are all great.
BLOCK 5 of the OP's BS mentions 92/287 (13 OCT) so if you needed mo/yr for Certification Label creation just take your VIN to a GM dealer and using the GM SI system you should be able to get 'production date' that could be used for accurate reproduction. A BS date near the EOM would certainly I'd think generate a following month production date.

If you have BS already it might be interesting to compare BLOCK 5 dates to the Certification Label on your car.
Old 12-22-2017   #10
SBAquaLT5

Update on the Door Decal Saga:

We Gone and WVZR-1 were very helpful in sharing their information on build info for 1993 ZR-1 and my car. It turns out entering your VIN at Compnine.com also works as a backup verification for build date. Although My BS indicates 92/287 (13 OCT), the office date(to be placed on door) was two weeks later. A GM dealer will also be able to look up build date and options, but not the GVRW info.

The GVRW on my BS does not match the GVRW on another 1993's Door Tag bringing into question whether build sheet GVRW's are the same as Door Tag GVRW's or if there was actually variation in GVRW #s during the model year production. I also know that some BS GVRW's do match the Door Tag..

Would anyone else(besides Steve) with a '93 be willing to share an image of their Door Tag or can confirm the BS GVRW matches their door??