ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 10-28-2005   #1
ffvetteman

Default Holy Cow!!

I was bored so I went through the member list. There are a lot of people registered!! But 90 percent of them have less than 10 posts. No real point to this post, but I thought it was interesting.
ffvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: Holy Cow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffvetteman
I was bored so I went through the member list. There are a lot of people registered!! But 90 percent of them have less than 10 posts. No real point to this post, but I thought it was interesting.
That is one of the reasons we decided to run the posting contest, and now the free raffle.

I think a good majority are still in the habit of using CF, and they forget about this forum. Some may have registered just to vote to keep the listserver when Dave ran the opinion poll about getting rid of it. Had we gone strictly to the forum over the listserver, there would be many more people using the forum. However, it was decided to keep the listserver going since there are certain people who would never use the forum regardless. There is also a fairly large segment of the members both here and on CF who do not like using the internet/forums. They are signed up incase they ever need to look something up, but they tend to be lurkers rather than posters.

We are always looking at new ways to stimulate activity of the forum, so if you or others have any ideas on how to get more people posting, by all means share.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #3
Aurora40

This is true of most forums.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #4
bobbyhi

It appears to me that most people, like myself, are "lurkers". I don't believe many of us have an awful lot to contribute on mechanical problems or the likes of. I don't do a lot of work on mine because I lack the knowledge. This does not mean I am not interested....just no answers. I am on the forum many times each day but do not post often like many others do. Maybe someday after I have pulled a plenum or brakes or rotors or whatever I can contribute something of interest. Don't write "us" off as non-participants.
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #5
Patton

You could always post nonsensical meaningless paragraphs in 100% caps lock,....
Old 11-04-2005   #6
We Gone

I come here several times a day to check on ZR-1 stuff..I also hang out on the (other) sites for info. on the other generation Vettes I have.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #7
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhi
It appears to me that most people, like myself, are "lurkers". I don't believe many of us have an awful lot to contribute on mechanical problems or the likes of. I don't do a lot of work on mine because I lack the knowledge. This does not mean I am not interested....just no answers. I am on the forum many times each day but do not post often like many others do. Maybe someday after I have pulled a plenum or brakes or rotors or whatever I can contribute something of interest. Don't write "us" off as non-participants.
I think any ZR-1 owner can contribute in more ways than they imagine. Sure you may not know how to do an engine tear down, but there are plenty of things you can share. Some examples are current mods or future ones you intend to add. Different purchases of maintenance items(tires, battery, fluid changes), good deals for those items, your driving habits or experiences, just about any subject in the "Off Topic" etc.

That is not to say that everyone must actively participate, since we welcome lurkers as well. However I don't consider you a "lurker" anyway since you almost have 50 posts. Ffvetteman noticed that a majority of members on the forum had less that 10 posts, and many have none. They are either total lurkers, or may have even forgotten about the forum after they registered. As Aurora40 pointed out, many forums are like that. We would like to find a way for more of them to actively participate some day, knowing that some will never be involved. Lets face it, there are some people who cannot stand the internet and rarely use it.

Lets face it, the reason this forum is even here is because we are passionate about our special Corvettes. How many of you would be on a forum about your Chevy van?

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #8
ffvetteman

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying anything negative about anyone here. In fact I would love for EVERYONE with a ZR-1 to post or just be known, or anyone interested and looking for a Z to post. I love to see where the Z's are and what is going on with them, since there was so few made.

I dont do any work on mine, yet, because there is nothing I have needed to do to it, except put on some mud flaps . It is just you see the regulars post and gain knowledge or just plain enternainment from them.

I understand that many people dont have much to say. A lot of times I dont have much to say myself. It would just be cool to hear from these people just because they own one of the greatest cars ever made and we all share a sort of bond.

Z Factor, I think you are doing a great job with this forum and a great job in stimulating activity here. Obvisily we cannot get everyonr in the world with a Z to post, but you are doing a great job trying, and there is a great amount of people here that will post and share experiences.

At a minunim, I would love to see all the peole with theses cars to at least post a picture or a story of the car, just to see what is going on with them.
ffvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #9
Jim Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor

Lets face it, the reason this forum is even here is because we are passionate about our special Corvettes. How many of you would be on a forum about your Chevy van?
Ok, how did you know?? I spend lots of time at www.vandura.com. Its a great customizing site to help with the rockin' and knockin'!!

Jim

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/koolaid117/Montage.gif[/IMG]
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #10
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
This is true of most forums.
Always losta lurkers. They should join the
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote