ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-21-2008   #1
flyin ryan

Default Not hard to see why...

i've driven a ZO6, only up to 171 MPH on a slight curve, i've had a crate LS7 on the floor of my shop but yesterday i finally had a chance to see what i've been waiting for. a customer dropped off a set of LS7 heads & intake for me to port. it's not hard to see why those things make decent jam. the exhaust port itself is not too far off some of the 15°/18° inline valve & splayed valve Super Stock/Competition Eliminator stuff i've done. i told the guy not to expect any big gains, that i would do what i could. i think the valve angle is around 12° stock. nice stuff.
Old 03-21-2008   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: Not hard to see why...

Ryan, the intakes only need to be touched up slightly. The exhaust side is where most of the work gets done on the LS7 heads. Send pics.
Old 04-11-2008   #3
flyin ryan

i can't be too long or the auto log out hits. never had a chance to post any pics Jeff, customers grabbed them as soon as i was done. thought you guys might find this interesting. they dynoed it today. stock short block untouched except for a cam change, .242° INT. .247° EXH. @ .050", little more C/R 11.2:1, true full length headers, my porting & they dialed in the fuel mapping. pump gas. best TQ. was 585 @ 5500 RPM, H.P. was 660 @ 6800 & 6900 RPM. average power between 4000-7000 was 579, average TQ. betwwen the same range was 552. Superflow 902. pretty impressive for the minimal work. good piece of enginering IMO.
Old 04-11-2008   #4
flyin ryan

as a side note: they also dynoed this thing before the heads came off. with the same full length headers as above it made 512 H.P.
Old 04-12-2008   #5
Aurora40

that's on an engine dyno?
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #6
flyin ryan

ya Bob, engine. Superflow 902. they have an in house chassis dyno they want to put the car on once it's all together.