ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 02-26-2011   #1
FU

Talking Key West pic's

Couple of the boy's on a pier at Key West.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Key West pic's

Hey Frankie!

Is this a recent picture? I'm jealous!!!!!!

I am dying to drive my Z down to Key West and meet some Z brothers in Florida.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #3
FU

That was less than a year ago David.

There was nothing like taking the white car down Duval Street a few years before.

KW is truly a great place to warm the bod and harm the liver

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #4
todesengel

Looks like you had a great time Frank!
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #5
Z FOR 2

The Florida Keys are a great place to spend some time. I go to Marathon (50 miles east of Key West) every year in January. Spent 8 days there last month. It was great!!! Highs were in the 70's and 80's every day. Makes the winter shorter when it is -20 degrees with a -45 degree wind chill back home. Caught sail fish and got a tan.

Great place to visit but I don't know that I could make a living down there. I plan to just keep going back in January.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]'93 40th Anniversary ZR-1 #0246 "Z FOR 2"
'03 50th Anniversary # 9590 "LETERGO"
'13 60th Anniversary 427 # 0198 "FSTFWRD"

[COLOR=Navy]Love the "Power of 3"

:usa:

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Z FOR 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #6
Z Factor

Cool Re: Key West pic's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z FOR 2 View Post
The Florida Keys are a great place to spend some time. I go to Marathon (50 miles east of Key West) every year in January. Spent 8 days there last month. It was great!!! Highs were in the 70's and 80's every day. Makes the winter shorter when it is -20 degrees with a -45 degree wind chill back home. Caught sail fish and got a tan.

Great place to visit but I don't know that I could make a living down there. I plan to just keep going back in January.
I enjoy stopping and fishing in Marathon as well before heading down to Key West. Needless to say the Keys are very close, so I get down there at least a couple times a year.

Funny you should mention making a living down there. Many people who are driven that have [A Type] personalities find that within a year they loose ambition and either leave or become a Conch(very laid back). Trying to hire motivated people can also be next to impossible because everyone has such a relaxed attitude. So it is a great place to retire, but is not the place to try and build a business, unless you are talking about a charter boat or a bar.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #7
jcruz

Key West is fantastic. Looks like a pretty big fish off to the left -- a mullett?

There's a ferry (no pun intended) that runs from Fort Myers down to Key West -- did a day trip a couple years ago that was fun.

Big Pine Key is pretty sweet too -- about 30 miles east of KW.

IMO summer is one of the best times to go....low prices, few tourists, warm water, hot weather.
1992 #043, Aqua/Gray 40k miles
jcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #8
GrayZ

Nice pic Frankie, I used to live in the Florida Keys, (Islamorada / Tavernier )
7 years.... Hurricane Andrew ran me out in 93.

If anyone gets down that way, stop at Dillion's bar and restaurant in Tavernier, right behind the Mickey D's. My friends Sandy, Bill and Skylar own the place...great bar grub.

A little farther south, In Islamorada stop at a local's hangout, called the Oceanview Lounge, or OV ask for Larz my buddy who is the mgr.

Or stop at Holiday Isle, go over to the Rumrunner's bar and ask for Trapper.

drop my name and they will only charge you double....just sayin
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote