ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-15-2015   #1
mgbsda

Default Wanted ZR1

wanted ZR1, I prefer a 1990 but I am open to other years, I also prefer white and red but open to other colors. Looking for a driver or reasonably priced ZR1 if possible. Best wishes. thanks Mike in Chattanooga, TN

I had a red 1990 ZR1 and sold it last year and I miss it.
90 ZR1 #403

Last edited by mgbsda; 01-16-2015 at 12:26 AM.
mgbsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015   #2
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: Wanted ZR1

Too bad you weren't around a month ago. Here's my car at a dealership in Scottsdale. They're asking 25ish. Seeing the prices some folks are asking for ZR-1s, this car is an absolute steal, and it's the year and color you want.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ctd/4844992149.html
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015   #3
mike100

The white 92 in Oceanside CA was an original owner trade in. It has 80k miles, but it is in quite good condition. I don't know how it drives, but otherwise if I were to look into another car, that would be the first one I would see. The first dealer that had it before it traded hands wholesale was a local Chevy dealer and the used car mgr had it at cars and coffee the other week and admitted that he took it in for $12k.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015   #4
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
Too bad you weren't around a month ago. Here's my car at a dealership in Scottsdale. They're asking 25ish. Seeing the prices some folks are asking for ZR-1s, this car is an absolute steal, and it's the year and color you want.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ctd/4844992149.html
Sorry to be off topic but that head unit looks great in there ! what kind was it and did it require trimming etc?
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015   #5
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Sorry to be off topic but that head unit looks great in there ! what kind was it and did it require trimming etc?
Thanks! It was a very basic Kenwood double-din unit, cost less than $200. There was NO trimming required whatsoever. It fit perfectly.
Old 01-16-2015   #6
mgbsda

thanks for the heads up on the white one, very nice. honestly I prefer original looking wheels and I was trying to stay under 20k. please don't give up on me. I really appreciate the help
90 ZR1 #403
mgbsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015   #7
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbsda View Post
thanks for the heads up on the white one, very nice. honestly I prefer original looking wheels and I was trying to stay under 20k. please don't give up on me. I really appreciate the help
Yep, I thought the same thing when I bought that car. I was looking at what is now Bev Schmitt's Admiral '94 when it was still at RK Motors in Charlotte, but I deemed it "too expensive" and bought the white '90. Then, I dumped 20 grand into the car. Now, I realize that I could have saved myself a bundle by buying the more expensive blue car. My advice is to consider not just the initial purchase price, but how deep you'll be into any given car once you're "done" with it. That white car needs NOTHING.

By the way, I only paid $800 to powder coat those rims piano black. You could return them to flawless stock appearance for the same amount. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 01-16-2015   #8
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
My advice is to consider not just the initial purchase price, but how deep you'll be into any given car once you're "done" with it. That white car needs NOTHING.
Well said

To the OP my car is on Ebay now 1990 Red on Red 21k miles.

More than 20k however.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015   #9
Vette73

Just saw one for sale in Texas....One of the members is selling..

91...Gray color, looks nice in the photos ..
Asking 17,500....Check out the for sale section...

Good luck....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015   #10
johnboy89

I've been thinking about getting rid of mine for a bit now.

It's a 1991 blk/blk 195K, needs some minor things, but runs and drives very nice for a higher mileage vehicle. Car is located in RI. $8.5K

John

johnboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote