ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 03-17-2008   #1
xxxscimitarxxx

Default a 1990 red ZR1... coming to UK

Well....after owning a 97 3.8 mustang auto (yep gutless but still looks pretty in UK) then buying an 06 mustang GT vert with a saleen SC ( now that isnt gutless trust me on that) and now waiting for a 75 C3 L48 to arrive (hmmm....why did i do that)....i finally got my head strsight and bought what i should have bought in the beginning (so now selling everything else....well maybe not the 06)

lm sure lm going to be told that this was seen on ebay...which is where i got her....and at a very good price i think.....but this is the keeper I have been looking
for

l guess ive got a thing about plastic cars as i have had 7 reliant scimitars ( a UK GRP sports car from 60s, 70s, 80's..... hence handle ) over many years....something about the smell of resin maybe

but the ZR1 has to be the ultimate plasic car...no offence meant.....and this one is all mine.....even at nearly $10 a gallon (Uk gallons are slightly bigger than US gallons....even texas gallons!)

she will arrive UK in about two months.....and i will be like a dog with two di&s.....

dont know if anyone knows more history than ive been told by seller. VIN 1g1yz23j6l5800231....but all in all tho a fair high mileage car she seems in great shape and all original by the looks of

Im just glad i finally arrived after years in automotive wilderness....stuff of dreams ,lm 50 now, so lve dreamed a long time about this

and yes ive signed up for the full register membership....worth every cent!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04e2_3.jpg (98.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 5a75_3.jpg (85.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 9b32_3.jpg (101.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg b0ad_3.jpg (77.0 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by xxxscimitarxxx; 03-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.
xxxscimitarxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #2
Z Factor

Cool Re: a 1990 red ZR1... coming to UK

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There is nothing wrong with buying a ZR-1 on ebay as long as it was checked out to insure it's condition.
I am surprised to hear how long it will take to arrive since I shipped a car overseas in half that time.
You will certainly enjoy owning a KOTH, but if it is stock, you will probably want to start with the mods.
Glad to hear you joined the registry as it is well worth the price.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #3
xxxscimitarxxx

Default Re: a 1990 red ZR1... coming to UK

shes got 125K miles on her so will probably not be a good move to strain her with mods....But I checked her VIN out (and had a guy look her over in person) she had only done 4000 miles since 1999....so fairly babied i think.....and judging by the seat bolsters not abused....and hell, whats not to like if the seats have been replaced or reupholstered

re shipping....thats just the time i got from DAS for westcoast US to UK....they said 6,7,8 weeks. They collect the cars, then the ship departure can take a few extra weeks....so its a door to door time estimate....from east coast its faster of course....took my mustang 30 days

btw...does the registry have any record of this car from the past?

And thanks for the welcome

Last edited by xxxscimitarxxx; 03-17-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2008   #4
bobbyhi

Welcome to the NetRegistry. I'm sure someone will pipe up and let you know if they found any info on your Z. This forum will become the most valuable asset you have when you start working on the Z.
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #5
rogerzr1

Welcome and congratulations on your car. I bought mine last August off of EBay and have been working on and enjoying it ever since. The guys on this forum are great guys and are a wealth of information.

Good looking car!!
91 ZR-1 #391
rogerzr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #6
xxxscimitarxxx

There are a ton of car sites for all kinds of cars on the web....most are free....some are free and good.....but with ZR1 ownership l think you get what you pay for....and that means this site....so happy to have paid my dues for the wealth of info stored in the site and its members
Old 03-17-2008   #7
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxscimitarxxx
btw...does the registry have any record of this car from the past?
GMVIS doesn't show anything, but that is not uncommon. So might be able to back track some with a carfax. But a window sticker from the NCM is a good place to start.

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 03-17-2008   #8
xxxscimitarxxx

i did a car fax but that didnt show me much...record only goes back to 1997....same owner since 1999....4000 miles in that time....what tests it passed....one failed....has not been used as a taxi !!

Last edited by xxxscimitarxxx; 03-17-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2008   #9
GOLDCYLON

Congrats and welcome to the forum. We were wondering who bought that car from CA!! Enjoy the ride and save up for all the litres of Hightest your going to need
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #10
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxscimitarxxx
reliant scimitars ( a UK GRP sports car from 60s, 70s, 80's..... hence handle )
First time I think I've seen them described that way

Congratulations on the new purchase. Enjoy!
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff

Last edited by DaveK; 03-19-2008 at 03:27 PM.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote