ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 06-21-2015   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Default WTB: ZR-1 embossed front license plate bumper filler

Please let me know if you have one for sale or know of one for 91-96 style. Photo shown is only an example of earlier model year.

Thanks,
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015   #2
RussMcB

Default Re: WTB: ZR-1 embossed front license plate bumper filler

Seems like they are pretty much unobtainable, unless you are lucky enough to come across one purchased long ago (long shot).

I'll bet there are enough people wanting one that it would be worthwhile for us to look into making some.

I have a fairly thin fiberglass one, and it has a crack. :-(

Does anyone know much about the process for creating parts out of a rubbery material, like our bumpers? Is that urethane?

A buddy of mine does carbon fiber work. I could ask him about making a run based on mine.
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015   #3
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
Seems like they are pretty much unobtainable, unless you are lucky enough to come across one purchased long ago (long shot).

I'll bet there are enough people wanting one that it would be worthwhile for us to look into making some.

I have a fairly thin fiberglass one, and it has a crack. :-(

Does anyone know much about the process for creating parts out of a rubbery material, like our bumpers? Is that urethane?

A buddy of mine does carbon fiber work. I could ask him about making a run based on mine.
Russ,

I bought one for my 90 about 10 years ago and still have the box with the seller's address from Florida. I mailed a note to the address on the box and it was returned. I guess he moved and I also notice no longer on Ebay too. I'm trying to find one from someone who bought it and never installed it due to front license plate requirement or whatever.

You can easily repair your fiberglass one with resin and fiberglass cloth with some sand, etc. Just messy. I used to make and repair surfboards back in the day, but still don't want to attempt making a mold.

I'm sure someone will step up and make it again one day. Another thought is to find the ram air insert instead, but that is also unobtainable as you said.

Old 06-21-2015   #4
We Gone

The originals were made by a member here Biz. I have seen some copy's come up on ebay.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015   #5
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
The originals were made by a member here Biz. I have seen some copy's come up on ebay.
Thanks Steve. I'll try to make contact. Not sure if the guy (Nick from Florida) is original or copy. I have daily searches and have not seen them for a bit.

By the way, I did get a chance to hear Corsas in person yesterday. I like them so decisions, decisions. I heard the black tip ones sound better......