ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 07-28-2008   #1
LGAFF

Default Wifes new wheels: CLK 500

Well the BMW 330i hit the 140K mile mark and it was time to get a new set of wheels. We looked at several 06 330is, 328s, and some others. I then took a look at mercedes C class cars, and Cert used cars. I was surprised at two things 1)the amount of car you can get on the new C class/value you can get on cert cars. 2)the gas mileage the V8s got, not the mention the performance .

In the end we ended up with an 05 21K mile CLK 500, the car does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and a sub 14 sec qtr mile while getting 17-18city and 25mpg highway. The V8 sounds great, and the car has no center pillar so its like having a convertible and a coupe all in one. Seats are great, and well equiped for lets say "larger" guys. If not for $4+ per gallon gas, I would have gone with an AMG car, but gas mileage(although good for a 362hp car vs the new M3 or M5) was more than I wanted take on. I will post some pics in the next few days.

LGAFF
92 ZR1
Not sure how the wife gets the Mercedes and I am driving the 97 Taurus SHO

Last edited by LGAFF; 07-28-2008 at 11:23 PM.
LGAFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #2
Wild and Blue

Talking Re: Wifes new wheels: CLK 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF
I know! I know! . . . .cause if you have trouble you deal with it, if she has trouble, she calls you to deal with it. Either way, car trouble and you deal with it. My dad always said, "Keep your woman in the most reliable car. That way you can deal w/ the more unreliable one immediately if there is an issue because you will be there if problems arise, if she is in it then you have to get her where she is going, then deal with the car." or something close to that.
Wild and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #3
Z Factor

Default Re: Wifes new wheels: CLK 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF
The same reason she has 3/4 of the closet space, and you are lucky to have the other 1/4.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote