No (political posts are ok) 6 27.27%
Abstain (will go with majority) 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012   #1
scottfab

Default No More Political Posts

Lets document our preference for No More Political Posts
right here for the board and/or whomever can see the totals.
This thread should be made sticky for new members to see.

Also the voters on this post well be able to see each others votes.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
Old 09-19-2012   #2
Mystic ZR-1

Default Re: No More Political Posts

Excellent idea!
Let's get back to the thing we all
can agree on ZR-1s!!!
Old 09-19-2012   #3
FU

Add more babe's pic's to the poll please

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
Old 09-19-2012   #4
scottfab

Just found out about 30min ago I'm going to have a grandson !!
I'll post those "babe" pictures at around Christmas time.
I'll be a first time grampa... whoo hoo !

Old 09-19-2012   #5
FU

Now THAT belong's in it's own post. Congrat's

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
Old 09-19-2012   #6
rhipsher

Scott that's ridiculous. If you can't have a political conversation in the "OFF TOPIC" section without being able handle other peoples opinions that don't agree with yours then maybe you need to go pour yourself a scotch on the rocks an chill out. Don't try to censor us because you can't handle a difference of opinion. I don't agree with your political views at all. Not even 1% but I would never try to abolish political conversations from the "OFF TOPIC" section over it. I hope the mods ignore your poll and what your trying to do.
Old 09-19-2012   #7
DaveK

One question, any conversation on any topic is "political" to someone - who decides?
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
Old 09-20-2012   #8
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Scott that's ridiculous. If you can't have a political conversation in the "OFF TOPIC" section without being able handle other peoples opinions that don't agree with yours then maybe you need to go pour yourself a scotch on the rocks an chill out. Don't try to censor us because you can't handle a difference of opinion. I don't agree with your political views at all. Not even 1% but I would never try to abolish political conversations from the "OFF TOPIC" section over it. I hope the mods ignore your poll and what your trying to do.
In don't understand your comment. What exactly is "ridiculous"?
I'm just proposing a poll to find out stuff. That is ridiculous?
the original idea was not mine. I did not originate the proposal. I believe it was David (ZZZZZR1). Go see the tread " Seriously guys, wtf..."
and blame all those guys for liking the idea too. There was a kind of de facto poll already going on the thread. I just implemented the poll feature to count them.

If political stuff is allowed to continue I'd be ok with it. It's not my preference but I'd go with the majority. The biggest issue that I have stated as have others is that the "New Posts" shows this crap and there's currently no "opt out" for it. There is no way to not see the hyper hate titles to the threads.

Trust me, it's not that I can't handle the opinions. I take special pride in pointing out fuzzy thinking based on lies. AND I certainly am not in favor of censorship. If we as a group decide to stop then that's not censorship.

As with the political issues you post on, it's good to do your homework before making accusations. So far you are in the extreme minority but who knows how many others like seeing political crap on this car forum? They should step forward and vote NO.

Last edited by scottfab; 09-20-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2012   #9
Z Factor

Lightbulb Re: No More Political Posts

I cannot remember a time when so many political threads were started in such a short period of time on the forum. I suspect it is a case of presidential politics and the election being right around the corner that has spurred the flurry of opposing political threads. That, and how polarized the country is at the moment is also likely reflected in the recent rash of political threads.

Maybe a temporary moratorium on political threads/posts for say the next 60 days until the election cycle ends is in order. After that, I suspect we will return to our primary passion, that being the love of ZR-1's.

Any and all thoughts/opinions are encouraged.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910
Old 09-20-2012   #10
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
One question, any conversation on any topic is "political" to someone - who decides?
Cart and horse. If we all want a cart then we get the cart and after find a horse. The hard part is deciding if that's what we want to do. The less hard part is doing it.
There are current examples of posts needing to be deleted. And in fact it has been done. This would just be whole threads needing to be deleted. And also perhaps reminders of the policy. It's not unlike posting nudity. Who decides what is nude?

On the other hand if a new group called "Politics" was made the home for such stuff and the "New Posts" filter did NOT include the new "Politics" group then ......bingo. "OFF TOPIC" can stay included in the "New Posts" filter and many of us, dare I say the majority of us would be so very happy.

I only like this last solution because when I get board I can go in there and point out BS and fussy thinking but not have to see it served up on a steaming platter everyday. It would be a target rich environment of crusty thinking.

Last edited by scottfab; 09-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
political