ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-16-2020   #1
XfireZ51

Default Hey where's my account access?

Why can I not have access to the Community tab and why am I getting this when I try to access someone's PUBLIC profile?

"XfireZ51, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020   #2
Vette Guy

Default Re: Hey where's my account access?

We've made changes to the Forum to protect user's information from spam/malicious users obtaining contact information of our users and using this information for other solicitation/malicious purposes. Other options have been changed as such to limit using the forum itself to post malicious links and send large amounts of PMs.

These changers in no way prevent all forum users from having full access to all areas of the Forum, including posting/responding to threads, and searching threads, with the exception of the Registry Member Only areas.

As there are many benefits to being a member of the ZR-1 Net Registry, members continue to receive full access to all available options of the Forum, including viewing member's the contact information included in their profile, Member's Only Areas, member banners, increased number of PMs, etc.

If you are interested in joining the ZR-1 Net Registry and having full access and capabilities, simply create a new account on our main website (https://www.zr1netregistry.com/), then select “New Membership” in the “Registry Store: under the “Marketplace” tab. If your membership has lapsed and you would like to renew, log into the main website at (https://www.zr1netregistry.com/) and click the "Renew Membership" tab at the top right.

Best Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020   #3
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Guy View Post
We've made changes to the Forum to protect user's information from spam/malicious users obtaining contact information of our users and using this information for other solicitation/malicious purposes. Other options have been changed as such to limit using the forum itself to post malicious links and send large amounts of PMs.

These changers in no way prevent all forum users from having full access to all areas of the Forum, including posting/responding to threads, and searching threads, with the exception of the Registry Member Only areas.

As there are many benefits to being a member of the ZR-1 Net Registry, members continue to receive full access to all available options of the Forum, including viewing member's the contact information included in their profile, Member's Only Areas, member banners, increased number of PMs, etc.

If you are interested in joining the ZR-1 Net Registry and having full access and capabilities, simply create a new account on our main website (https://www.zr1netregistry.com/), then select “New Membership” in the “Registry Store: under the “Marketplace” tab. If your membership has lapsed and you would like to renew, log into the main website at (https://www.zr1netregistry.com/) and click the "Renew Membership" tab at the top right.

Best Regards,
Mark
What? Dominic is not a member? He was a director and your membership chairman not long ago. What's up? Dom, did you forget to pay your dues? Also, with regard to security, I notice that this is the only website I visit that has the warning on it "Not Secure". Why not fix that? --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020   #4
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Now that is what I would call a "Fall from Grace"

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020   #5
Vette Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
What? Dominic is not a member? He was a director and your membership chairman not long ago. What's up? Dom, did you forget to pay your dues? Also, with regard to security, I notice that this is the only website I visit that has the warning on it "Not Secure". Why not fix that? --Bob
Bob, the SSL security has been applied. If you enter the Forum from the main website link, it is secure. If you bookmark the secure login, you will always be secure. The problem we are working through is that once set to secure only, the email notifications to members who subscribe to posts does not work with the "https" link. We've since set the site to work in both secured and unsecured modes until we can resolve the link issue.

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
Old 04-18-2020   #6
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Guy View Post
Bob, the SSL security has been applied. If you enter the Forum from the main website link, it is secure. If you bookmark the secure login, you will always be secure. The problem we are working through is that once set to secure only, the email notifications to members who subscribe to posts does not work with the "https" link. We've since set the site to work in both secured and unsecured modes until we can resolve the link issue.

Regards,
Mark
OK thanks for the explanation Mark. Hope you can get it fixed. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020   #7
ZWILD1

I paid my membership and got my shirt and packet. If I try and click on a pic thumbnail it tells me I don't have access to that. It lets me post and add pics but I can't access any of them. I tried logging out and back on to no avail. I did renew my membership.
91 Turquoise Metallic Haibeck 525 #0134
ZWILD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020   #8
tf95ZR1

Hi Z!

I'm new to being the Forum Admin and very sorry for
the screw-up. I'll check it out and try to fix it ASAP.

Ted Feder

Try again now and let me know.

T
1995 ZR-1 #106 Blk/ Blk
Owned by me since 2000.
93K miles, but not on motor :-)
Mods the way I want it,
Not afraid to drive it!

Last edited by tf95ZR1; 04-18-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Wanted 2
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020   #9
Vette Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWILD1 View Post
I paid my membership and got my shirt and packet. If I try and click on a pic thumbnail it tells me I don't have access to that. It lets me post and add pics but I can't access any of them. I tried logging out and back on to no avail. I did renew my membership.
You are all set - the way the automated system works is via a match through the email address you provided when you became a member and the email address used here on the Forum. No problem if you want to use a different address. The Membership Director will need to be informed of your forum username in order for us to know to associate it with your membership.

We've got you now and will make the update in our system. Updates to your Membership Banner are updated on the forum upon your very next post.

If anyone other members of the Registry do not have the correct access, and use a different email address from you Registry membership contact, please contact our Membership Director, John Glyder, at membership@zr1netregistry.com and we'll get your account updated.

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016