ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-27-2005   #1
Patton

Default Frequency/Seasonal

My questions lean toward polls, but here they are nonetheless.

1. What is the frequency of your ZR-1 outings? Daily driver? Weekends? Blue moons? I am Daily, However I pay for it on the weekends with several hours of cleaning and maintenance to keep her looking and running like a pampered hangar queen.

2. Do you have to put your Z to bed for the winter or do you drive year round? I’m starting to get a little nervous at the aspect of everybody bailing on the site during the winter because they're Z's are all bundled up. (I plan on doing my vacuum work this winter)
I drive mine year round, It has snowed maybe three times in Sacramento in the past 20 years. And I hardly see the amount of nutty rain that Jeff does,... So I am a year rounder.
Old 11-27-2005   #2
bobbyhi

Default Re: Frequency/Seasonal

I don't drive mine to work but almost every evening during the summer I will go out cruising looking for some light to light action.
I put the Z in hibernation for the winter. It's hard enough to keep the 4 wheel pickup truck on the road with 8" snowfalls. Plus when it is 30 below zero with a wind factor of 70 below I don't want to be out with the Z. I plan on next weekend to do the winterizing. Had a bit of luck on thanksgiving with the weather here. No snow and 16 degrees so I took her out and put her thru the gears for the last time. Next ride won't be until April '06.

My enjoyment for the next 4/5 months will be listening to you guys that get to drive year round........
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
Aurora40

I get snow, but not a lot, and it doesn't stick around too long. So I'll be driving mine, but only on above-freezing days with no rain forecast and no bad winds. I anticipate driving it about once every two-three weeks or so, or about half as often as I drove it over the summer.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #4
Patton

I said it before and I'll say it again,... I REALLY feel for you guys that have to put the Z up for the winter. I would go thru withdrawls!
Old 11-28-2005   #5
cuisinartvette

I'm lucky if I get a few Sunday runs in a month, but at least I can do it year round. Best part is the air has cooled down so much it makes more power. Almost wiped it on an onramp the other day, broke loose when it never would have during the hotter months
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #6
tomtom72

I like these Patton!

I live in Metro/NYC so we get snow and salted roads. The Z don't come out after the first salting, whenever that maybe...hence I suffer from "salted road phobia" and have ZR-1DDS, ZR-1 Driving Deficit Syndrome.

In the spring, summer & fall I suffer from ZR-1DFS, ZR-1 Deformed Face Syndrome = caused by severe accleration forces and the joy that I own a ZR-1. Speeding tickets optional at extra cost, see your local LEO for details, MSRP does not include green stamps, taxes, lic...etc.

I use the car on weekends to join the group I cruise with, usually to the tune of at least one of a tank of gas per cruise. The guys at CF/Events/Northeast section don't spare the miles to spoil the vette! If you come out with us, bring lunch $ because we ain't shy about putting miles on the vettes!

I rarely use it just to tool thru town, although it's hard to resist! I think it belongs out where it can run free! Although the town cruise is good for the head! Oh I forgot, as hibernation time draws near I wax nostalgically about the past cruises!

Cheers
Tom
Keep your gas dry!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #7
We Gone

Year round driver here....Mostly on the weekends..with a drive to work once a month on nice days...I park right outside of my office window 3 years and 30K miles of smiles.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #8
John Boothby

Good morning ZR1 folks! Here in Southern Nevada we are blessed with pretty good weather year around. My ZR1 is driven 2 or 3 times a week. I have a route that I drive just for when I feel like taking the Beast out and rippin through the gears. It consists of a little surface street driving to warm it up, then I hit the beltway for some "gittin to it"! Then it is back on the surface streets back home. I usually do this in the morning when traffic is lite. I think this is good for the heart also, as it gets it pumpin! This could be as good for the old cardiovascular system as jogging! It certainly is a lot more fun!!
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #9
91King

We get to drive year round in the Lone Star State. While I don't drive my Z to work I do drive it every evening weather/time permitting with as many blasts over 130 as I can get.

I do cover it from time to time, but the cover hasn't stayed on for more than two weeks and that was because I was on vacation with my family.
91 red/red #1813
EES 402
91King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #10
RICHARD TILL

no withdrawals here in mississippi. can drive mostly year round. good straight open roads so i can hold it down til i run out of guts. sad thing is; car is sitting out in a hard rain right now with the radio and cdm box sent off for repair, screws laying in the floorboard, screwdrivers and socket sets too. when the radio gets back i`m going to load myself, zz-top, brooks & dunn and david sanborn up and give it hell. its a bone stock red/red 90-z with 110k miles. its the only one i`ve ever seen except at the corvette museum. (i just looked outside again) DAM, thats a nice looking car!
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote