ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-21-2005   #1
ZR-1 Mack

Default ZR-1 Values in 2005

http://zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_prices.htm

I know these are rough values but if I read the chart correctly it looks like the values of "Good" rated 1990-1992 ZR-1's have bottomed out and actually increased by 2 to 4 % from 2004 to 2005 ...while 1993 -1995 ZR-1s did not not change.

1) Which way do you think the values are headed ?
2) and when will they bottom out ?

Hopefully 2004 is as low as they will ever go.
ZR-1 Mack ... 91 ZR1 Black/Black #487 NY
ZR-1 Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #2
tomtom72

Default Re: ZR-1 Values in 2005

I think about that every once in a while, also. I think a Z is different than say other low volume muscle/rare cars. I say 70 Nova L78 & everyone into cars knows what you are talking about, or 440 / six pac, or GS400 or 442/w30, Boss 302/ 429...you know those cars. Sometimes I think when we say ZR-1 people either scratch their heads or they know for sure...no inbetween like if you said Hemi/Cuda everyone knows a Barracuda, may not know Hemi. If you say corvette, everyone knows that but ZR-1 seems to be a "what's that" reaction.

The smaller the audience you play to the fewer the buyers, the lower the prices?? JMHO. I know I've meet vette owners that are into their cars that have never seen a ZR-1, some didn't really remember what a ZR-1 was. You would think all vette owners are car guys? Heck, before I got my Z I couldn't tell you much except for the motor's pedigree. I had completely forgot that a ZR-1 did not only mean you had a special version of a C3/ LT-1, there was also a special C4 by that name! I kind of knew but didn't know at the same time. Until I started looking to buy another vette & did research did I "find" the ZR-1. Ya know I was looking for bang for the buck. Started looking at C3/LT-1's then went to C5/ZO6's and then "discovered" ZR-1's.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #3
BBBAD94ZR1

I feel the value is only going to go up. When the cars hit the 20-25 year old mark is when you will see a fast rise in value. I had a 86 Gn and when the car was 10 years old not to much demand after it hit 20 years old value started to rise fast. The cars were 17k new give or take and now a low mile unmolested car is going for 20 to 30k Gnx 50 to 70k. The Zr1 is a much more unique car. That is one of the reason I have choosen to get one. A solid investment. Look at the Hemi cuda. Some going for 75k to 2 million. I sold my Gn for much more than I paid for it. Its just a waiting game for now.
I can see zr1's going for 100k on Barret Jacksons in 15 years or so.
Right now the Zo6 and new Vettes killed the Zr1's value. These cars are a dime a dozen. I was going to buy a new zo6 and would rather have the Zr. I feel it looks better and is much more unique in every way.
Thanks for reading.

Ray
BBBAD94ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #4
ZR-1 Mack

Thumbs up Re: ZR-1 Values in 2005

Ray,

I've heard it before that at the 20 yr mark the car should really start to move north. So for now the I'm driving mine 3-4 k per year and enjoying every minute of it.
ZR-1 Mack ... 91 ZR1 Black/Black #487 NY
ZR-1 Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #5
Nick

Only time will tell where the values will be in the future. Market demands and supply will be obvious factors. As for me, I don't really care; I'm driving mine and not saving it for the next guy.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #6
RICKYRJ1

I always say high HP low production #'s is a solid platform to start as far as car values go. Figure there were 360,000 c4's made and out of that 6900 ZR1's. The way I see it I bought ocean front property with no hurricanes ever! and the other guys got wetlands. Both have water but we have bikini babes out our front door. WE are all in a win win situation. We have them, we drive them, we enjoy them. If at the end of the day they are worth more than what we paid good for us ,if not we still looked good doing it.
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #7
tomtom72

I'm with Rick & Nick on the win / win and the use theory.
We all got into these cars at a very good time so we should be pleased with any future values.

I'm using mine because I like driving it too much! It's good for my mental health! I also am not gonna have an eye toward saving it for anyone to get another low milage ZR-1 after I'm done...'cuz when I'm done I'll be really done & what the car is worth won't make a difference to me. I'm driving mine off into the sunset & not looking back...road trip anyone??
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #8
haber rj

You have my vote on the road trips, I only had the chance to drive my Zr1 94 miles this summer and I tell you everytime I opened the garage door my heart dropped. Not this year new injectors, new chip, got the go ahead from Aaron at South Georgia Corvettes and I will be doing the road trip myself with my favorite lady doing the co-piloting.
haber rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #9
cuisinartvette

Its nice knowing that they should hold and eventually increase in value to help justify spending a little on it, but honestly I dont care what its really worth, only the fact that I can hop in it and drive.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote