ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 02-15-2005   #1
gaijin

Default Corvette Drivers Talk About the New C6-R

Corvette Drivers Talk About the New C6-R

Team Story 2-15-2005

Braselton, Ga. - Corvette Racing recently completed the third official test of the new Corvette C6-R at Sebring International Raceway in Sebring, Fla. Following the three days of private track time, Corvette drivers Johnny O'Connell, Ron Fellows, Oliver Gavin and Max Papis all had upbeat remarks about the new C6-R chassis that will officially debut at the American Le Mans Series Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring March 17-19.

O'Connell: "Starting with a clean sheet of paper, the team gave us an amazing race car and that is something you always expect from Corvette Racing. Initially we saw tremendous potential with the new Corvette C6-R and every time we have tested the car it's been better. By the time we completed this test, we had a race car that was very comfortable to drive fast."

Fellows: "It's still early in the development curve for the Corvette C6-R, but I feel we're ready to race. I think it's already as good as the Corvette C5-R that benefited from years of development and it's going to continue to get better. The reliability was excellent, as always."

Gavin: "I was very pleased with the way the test went. The Corvette C6-R's handling is very progressive and predictable, without any nervousness that can catch a driver out. In the driver's seat, I feel that the C6-R has more mechanical grip than its predecessor and we're making sure that we have a good aerodynamic balance from front to rear."

Papis: "I was very, very pleased to see that we made strides forward every time that I drove the car. I drove the Corvette C6-R in three tests and every time we definitely improved the feeling of the car. We are still just at the beginning of the development cycle and you can feel that the new Corvette has big potential. We know that we have to expect improvements step by step, but I've been very impressed from the first day I drove the new C6-R."

American Le Mans Series and Corvette fans wanting to see the C6-R debut can order Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring race tickets on-line at www.AmericanLeMans.com. The historic release of the newest version of ‘America's Sports Car' is something fans will not want to miss!
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote