ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-27-2017   #1
rkreigh

Default Spring Dyno days

Hey folks,

remember the old LT5 dyno days? Nice cool weather, a cold beverage or two, and some hot charred dead animal of choice on the grill. Oh, and maybe a few SWEET ZR-1s roaring on the dyno? Sounds pretty good doesn't it?

And how about logging the wideband and monitoring the ALDL data stream to see how close the tune is? The data can reveal quite a bit!!!

Want to try running the car with secondaries open full time? Works pretty good I gotta say!! A chip and "zip tie mod" and you'll see how the response and mid range improves (and no vacuum leaks to worry about!!).

Demps and I have been talking and it's time to get the ZR-1 guys revved up and ready for the mountain run 4 and next gathering.

I'd like to see interest for a dyno day and cookout within the next couple of weeks. If we can get the numbers up, the cost of the dyno pulls will drop off as we can rent the dyno for the entire day.

We'll need a hand with some volunteer dyno monkeys to help keep the train moving and dyno as many cars as we can.

Demps has an absolutely killer dyno setup, and the equipment to properly log and tune the car to get it running top notch.

Does this sound like a bit plug for Demps? IT IS!! We need to support the local talent to keep Demps around to fix our cars and share his talents.

The dyno day is OPEN to all makes of cars, not just ZR-1s. I'm still trying to figure out how to get "the herd" down there as I'll be dynoing a few myself to establish baseline numbers and begin the tuning process.

Please reach out to Demps and I to express interest so we can get this moving.

Demps already has a dyno day for April, but there are MANY weekends between now and then and that dyno needs some love.

The LSV recently spun the rollers, and thanks to Demps TLC and some fresh injectors, the LSV is running as strong as ever even at 98 k miles. The LT5 is ready for another 98k miles, and will likely be just as strong.

Lots of new stuff coming from Demps, it's an exciting time.

Post up your interest, lets burn some rubber!!!
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017   #2
Vette73

Default Re: Spring Dyno days

I'm in for a BBQ and to meet some of the forum members....Actually my 91 is at his shop now....Porting heads, Fidenza,secondary delete to name some of the work being done...Post up details when your thinking of doing it...Peace...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote