ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-12-2014   #1
Billy Mild

Default Touched it and then it broke.

I was poking around the engine bay to see if the car leaked anything before I get my inspection done tomorrow. While I was looking around the engine bay, I touched one of the hoses for the coolant expansion tank. The fitting broke off. I barely touched the freaking thing.

I used some JB Weld Metal epoxy so I could repair it for now. Will this repair last? How much is a replacement tank? I'm supposed to get a coolant flush on Friday.

Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014   #2
Z06scentair

Default Re: Touched it and then it broke.

You can buy a new tank off ebay for $80
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014   #3
Schrade

Has it actually broken off?

It looks like it's a sealed fitting, that you might reseal...

Welcome onto the boards there.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014   #4
PhillipsLT5

Avail from Chevy??
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014   #5
Billy Mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Has it actually broken off?

It looks like it's a sealed fitting, that you might reseal...

Welcome onto the boards there.
I have no idea if it supposed to be like that. I am new owner to these cars. It has to be either sealed or brazzed in order to hold pressures of the coolant system.
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014   #6
A26B

Jerrys Gaskets

http://jerrysgaskets.com/store2/root...roducts_id=801
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014   #7
efnfast

If you need to replace it, throw Jerry the business. Jerry is a vital part of the upkeep on our cars. I do all I can to support him. (Jerry and I are going to have a long talk about clutches and flywheels at Carlisle).
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014   #8
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
If you need to replace it, throw Jerry the business. Jerry is a vital part of the upkeep on our cars. I do all I can to support him. (Jerry and I are going to have a long talk about clutches and flywheels at Carlisle).
I wish........ If we are going to chat about clutches while you are at Carlisle, it will have to be over the phone. Sorry 'bout that.

I would be glad to discuss clutches with you, but honestly, there will be others there with much more knowledge than me. We just recently started carrying the RAM clutch line and our own, custom made billet flywheels with different weights.

I am always available to discuss the different clutch & flywheel options with you. While at Carlisle, look for Phil Wasinger. He is running the RAM Dual Disc in his ZR-1.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014   #9
Mystic ZR-1

Quote: I wish........ If we are going to chat about clutches while you are at Carlisle, it will have to be over the phone. Sorry 'bout that.

Steve
Don't worry, I'll chat with you...
Doug
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014   #10
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
I wish........ If we are going to chat about clutches while you are at Carlisle, it will have to be over the phone. Sorry 'bout that.

I would be glad to discuss clutches with you, but honestly, there will be others there with much more knowledge than me. We just recently started carrying the RAM clutch line and our own, custom made billet flywheels with different weights.

I am always available to discuss the different clutch & flywheel options with you. While at Carlisle, look for Phil Wasinger. He is running the RAM Dual Disc in his ZR-1.
Bummer Jerry, I was hoping to throw you some dough. I still need some oil plug gaskets. Once I figure out what to do about a clutch, I'll put an order in. - Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote