ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 05-05-2014   #1
KILLSHOTS

Default Any luck with 275 F1 GS-D3s?

The 275 Goodyears are still on "nationwide allocation" and GY doesn't seem to want to produce them. Seems peculiar to me, since most C4s could wear that size all around, but I digress. Anybody had any luck finding them?
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #2
PhillipsLT5

Default Re: Any luck with 275 F1 GS-D3s?

The GS D3 fronts always till now? how been available, the rears were the problem being produced now & then, great tire, make sure whatever you buy to check date codes, keep em fresh, Nittos look good
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #3
Kevin

can't afford the gsd3's again nt05's will be my next stop I think
Old 05-05-2014   #4
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
The GS D3 fronts always till now? how been available, the rears were the problem being produced now & then, great tire, make sure whatever you buy to check date codes, keep em fresh, Nittos look good
Well its the beginning of the end. I just replaced all mine with fresh GS DS 3s last week that I have been holding onto for years. Love em

Phil your old set finally gave up the ghost lol
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #5
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
The 275 Goodyears are still on "nationwide allocation" and GY doesn't seem to want to produce them. Seems peculiar to me, since most C4s could wear that size all around, but I digress. Anybody had any luck finding them?

Last pair I picked up I drove up to Cordes Junction to pickup that a guy lugged over from CA

Did you ask Discount to find you a pair? Took em a few days put they found a pair. The rears no joy

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 05-05-2014   #6
Z06scentair

I have a nice set on my car now that were manufactured in 2009. They have around 2k miles on them. They will be removed and stored very soon for future NCRS events only.

Just bought a new set of nitto's and very anxious to see how much differentlt the car rides.

IMHO the GY tires provide a harsh ride on a Corvette. I always use to put BFG tires as they provide a softer ride. This time I couldn't find a size correct set of BFG's so I decided to try the nitto's.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #7
GOLDCYLON

David swears by the Pilot Sports.. To date Ive tried

Falkins (fronts only however incrediable tread wear rating)
GY F1 D3s GS
BFGs
Sumitomos (crap)

So far the best by far has been the GYs. After this set prob Nitto's. HTF a good 315 Tire.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 05-05-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2014   #8
efnfast

My Pilot Sports have been great. I have nothing to compare them to. Very sticky, I have a hard time breaking them loose.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #9
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
David swears by the Pilot Sports.. To date Ive tried

Falkins (fronts only however incrediable tread wear rating)
GY F1 D3s GS
BFGs
Sumitomos (crap)

So far the best by far has been the GYs. After this set prob Nitto's. HTF a good 315 Tire.
I know, I totally trust David and he loves his Michelins. They are just SOOO expensive, though.
Old 05-06-2014   #10
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
Yeah, Tire Rack has the rears but not the fronts. I've been wanting some ever since the first time I saw my car next to yours; they're the same section width, but your F1s APPEAR so much wider than my Sumis.