ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 06-03-2008   #1
LGAFF

Default This just in: France Still Sucks

Not that I am a Brigitte Bardot fan, freedom of speech freak or anything, but Jesus Christ when you can't give an opinion on anything anymore its out of hand. Just curious, would they also not criticize the Nazi's if they made a comeback? Don't want to discriminate against the Aryan Brotherhood.

PARIS - Brigitte Bardot was convicted Tuesday of provoking discrimination and racial hatred for writing that Muslims are destroying France.

A Paris court also handed down a $23,325 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner.[/B]

LGAFF
92 ZR1
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: This just in: France Still Sucks

She was some piece of a**
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #3
Z Factor

I cannot give an opinion on this particular incident not being familiar with it nor French culture. However the insidious disease of Political Correctness has infected this country for some time, and it is not a good thing.
Rather than try to articulate everything I find unacceptable with PC, I will link a speech by Charlton Heston to the Harvard law school about the ills of PC.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...ulturalwar.htm

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #4
tomtom72

We gotta get an 'I agree' smiley.....

I'm with ZFactor on this one! btw Z, that was a great link!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #5
HADI-ZR1

Sucks? yaa i agree!
One muslim boy name : Muslim! in his school i belive there were a champion , the manager refused boy Registred and told him you should Change your name!
man ,thats cool!!
In a case that became famous worldwide, two Turkish girls attending a French public school were expelled last June for refusing to remove their scarves, causing a furor in France on both sides of the religious argument.

Last edited by HADI-ZR1; 06-05-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2008   #6
95ZR1

Ironic this June we should honor those who were at D-Day, and now wonder if we would liberate France today.
ZR1.Net Founding Member #088
C4: '95 ZR1 #357, black/black, B&B Tri-Flo w/ X-pipe
C6: '07 convertible, Atomic Orange, LS2, 3LT, A6, Z51
Sea Six: '01 Chaparral Sunesta, 5.7L EFI Mercruiser
95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #7
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF
Not that I am a Brigitte Bardot fan, freedom of speech freak or anything, but Jesus Christ when you can't give an opinion on anything anymore its out of hand. Just curious, would they also not criticize the Nazi's if they made a comeback? Don't want to discriminate against the Aryan Brotherhood.

PARIS - Brigitte Bardot was convicted Tuesday of provoking discrimination and racial hatred for writing that Muslims are destroying France.

A Paris court also handed down a $23,325 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner.[/b]

LGAFF
92 ZR1

Lee,

I think the French are pretty sensitive to this given the rather destructive rioting that took place a couple of years ago. The fact is they have a significant Muslim population there.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #8
LGAFF

Giving into violence over efforts to supress freedom of speech is not a good idea.

message sent; violence works to get my way. Will they begin to outlaw other things muslims or other groups don't like, simply because they threaten violence. If anyone should know appeasement does not work it should be the europeans.

LGAFF
92 ZR1
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #9
WB9MCW

I sure hope the PC crap in this good olde USof A does not have us heading this direction!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote