ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 06-07-2014   #1
Racinfan83

Default One of my other hobbies..

Pics of one of my other hobbies - I work on this UMP Dirtcar Modified. Been helping my buddy Kevin with his car off and on for 20 years. Been working on short track "roundy round" cars for about 35 yrs.
One pic is a sponsor pic - the other two are what the car looked like after a hard fought 7th place finish last night.. .040 aluminum sheetmetal straightens out pretty well on the garage floor with some stomping... At least he didn't get in the "big" wreck which pretty much totalled 2 cars and had one upside down last night...

[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #2
randy ransome

Default Re: One of my other hobbies..

I love watching dirt racin you've only got maybe 25 or 30 laps to get it done in the A feature, not like NASCAR 4 or 5 hundred miles of boring circles. Dirt racin is a lot of fun. I've got a friend that drove the modified cars for several years and has now moved to USCS 360 winged sprints.

Have fun and good luck.

Last edited by randy ransome; 06-07-2014 at 12:04 PM.
randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #3
Racinfan83

Default Re: One of my other hobbies..

Yeah ours are 20 lap features. And there is plenty of action in those 20 laps - trust me. Sometimes one guy hits it right and runs off with the win - but usually not. Lots of slidin beatin and bangin. Nothing like watching these guys go off in the turn at 100mph 3 wide, sliding sideways in unison and blasting off the corner. We are at about 675-700hp (only restrictions are steel block, wet sump, single carb) and 2450lbs. On 9" tires. At least now they let us groove the tires which makes a HUGE difference...
Kenny Wallace has his dirt shop here and races his Mod a LOT. Kenny Schrader also runs here a lot in his Mod and owns I-55 Speedway
There is nothing in the world like watching Dirt Late Models run. (The top dogs - we are 2nd) Those guys have some SERIOUS horsepower and 12" tires. All aluminum motors, dry sumps, etc. Probably in the 850 hp range. If you haven't ever seen them run you should do it at least once...

Here is a cool pic of the guy who won the Late Model feature last night running hot laps while the track was still getting worked in...

[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Racinfan83; 06-07-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote