ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-09-2008   #1
the mex

Default NEW TIME AT THE TRACK

well,i went to the track today and ran a best of 12.35@117 with a 2.0 60'.
the mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #2
Kevin

Default Re: NEW TIME AT THE TRACK

nice times, mods?
Old 03-09-2008   #3
the mex

all i know thats done are headers and borla cat back.i took the cats off and had an x-pipe put on to replace the resonator and i assume it has had the gears changel,but a dont know of anything else.it ran 12.60 at 113 with the cats and resonator.
Old 03-09-2008   #4
Hammer

Talking Re: NEW TIME AT THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mex
all i know thats done are headers and borla cat back.i took the cats off and had an x-pipe put on to replace the resonator and i assume it has had the gears changel,but a dont know of anything else.it ran 12.60 at 113 with the cats and resonator.
You said you were going through the traps at just about the top of fourth gear. I would say you have 4.10's or thereabouts from what I have read.

Very nice time.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #5
the mex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
You said you were going through the traps at just about the top of fourth gear. I would say you have 4.10's or thereabouts from what I have read.

Very nice time.
thanks,i figured that was what gear was in it,but was undure..i cant find anyone with any info on this car so i dont know what all is done to it.
Old 03-09-2008   #6
bradslt5

from your mph you might have ported plenum and injector housings. would be easy to find out by pulling the plenum. is your exhaust 21/2 or 3in? you proably have either 3.92 or 410gears. did you get a video like the last time you went to the track?are you using street tires or drs. what rpm are you leaving at and shifting? these cars are fun to drag race ,huh
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #7
karterdon

Now - That's darn wright impressive !!!

Don
91-#267 Dark Red Met.
=D>
karterdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #8
the mex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
from your mph you might have ported plenum and injector housings. would be easy to find out by pulling the plenum. is your exhaust 21/2 or 3in? you proably have either 3.92 or 410gears. did you get a video like the last time you went to the track?are you using street tires or drs. what rpm are you leaving at and shifting? these cars are fun to drag race ,huh
i am still running the sorry street tires.i leave at 3800 and slip the clutch.it wheel hops a bit then is smooth.i shift at 7100rpm as its still pulling great(i wish i could take it to 7500 or more but it hits the rev limiter at 7200?).i am running 2 1/2 exhaust.
Old 03-11-2008   #9
bradslt5

7100 is as high as youi want to go with stk cams,. be carefull on the wheel hopp as that like to break parts in the rear end ie half shafts. it sounds like your shocks need rebuilding . b ut very nice times on street tires. ill bet alot of people at the track are surprized
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #10
the mex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
7100 is as high as youi want to go with stk cams,. be carefull on the wheel hopp as that like to break parts in the rear end ie half shafts. it sounds like your shocks need rebuilding . b ut very nice times on street tires. ill bet alot of people at the track are surprized
i had peoples jaws dropping.it was the funniest thing.most didnt realize it was a zr-1 till they looked under the hood.one old man in a z06 was so frustrated he and his z06 buddies looked over the car for 30 min and all walked off shaking their heads.