ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 01-21-2008   #1
djpatrick35

Default New seats - How would you clean the leather?

I just got new '94-'96 seats/leather/foam for my '90. (I'm 6'6"-300 pounds so the '90 sport seats hurt my a$$)

When I got the seats together and looking perfect, I started wondering how I could protect the new leathers so they don't end up looking like the donors I bought. I want my car to be more of a show car and while the black/red two-tone seats look great now, they won't once they have to support my big butt!

I won't be able to bolt in the new seats for a while (my baby's in the shop) but I was wondering if there was a product to soften up the leather and what the best leather cleaning product was...

I've always used Meguiars stuff, but what's your opinion on what's best? And what could help protect the leather from folding and cracking?

[B]1990 Black ZR-1 #2212[/B] Totaled... :(
[B]2007 Z51 'vert :mrgreen:[/B]
[B]1988 35th Ann. Edition #962[/B] (Sold...) :cry:
djpatrick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: New seats - How would you clean the leather?

I've been happy with the adams stuff. Although I have not tried the leather conditioner. I would be willing to give it a shot. Hopefully Dale will pipe in.
Old 01-27-2008   #3
bradslt5

to me the best stuff is Lexol . it softens as well as cleans . spray it on liberallylet it sit over night then use a damp cloth to work the rest in and clean it off . it really works on red seats . keeps mine like new .hope this helps
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #4
Dale@Adams

Hello djpatrick35,

For cleaning the leather, i would recommend checking out our Leather & Interior Cleaner. This cleaner is not harsh and is effect on all leather, vinyl, and plastic surfaces. Simply spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber towel.

For keeping the leather protected and moist, check out our Leather Conditioner. Adam's Leather Conditioner contains SPF 65 and other moisturizers that will keep your leather looking great for years to come. Our Leather Conditioner is not greasy or oily and it leaves a low-gloss matte finish for a new look to your interior.

For more information on how these products are used, please checkout this video:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_29.aspx.

Thanks and please contact me if you have any additional questions!

-Dale
[URL="http://www.adamspolishes.com"]www.adamspolishes.com[/URL]
[COLOR=Red][B]Please email as I do not check PMs as often.[/B][/COLOR]
Dale@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #5
bldavis11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
to me the best stuff is Lexol . it softens as well as cleans . spray it on liberallylet it sit over night then use a damp cloth to work the rest in and clean it off . it really works on red seats . keeps mine like new .hope this helps
I've never used the Lexol products, but I too would be willing to try. I've usually gone with the tedious and old-school method of saddle soap and a tooth brush for the cleaning / protecting. It's worked great for me, but I'm willing to try something less time consuming.
bldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #6
bradslt5

I am in no way knocking the adams products . in fACT I NEED TO ORDER SOME. to try out after all they are sponsoring this site for us . i suggested the lexol because i have used it for years on everything from baseball gloves to car seats .the only down side is it can be a little greasy . if the adams is as good without the greasy by product then that would be really cool.
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #7
Dale@Adams

bradslt5,

Thanks for your excellent input! Lexol is a great product, I have a few bottles of my own . I always say if you have a product that works well for you, then keep on using it. I love both our Leather Conditioner and Lexol and I use both depending on the vehicle I am detailing.

Adam's Leather Conditioner may be a little less glossy and has a less greasy feel then Lexol IMO.

Thanks again and happy detailing,

-Dale
[URL="http://www.adamspolishes.com"]www.adamspolishes.com[/URL]
[COLOR=Red][B]Please email as I do not check PMs as often.[/B][/COLOR]
Dale@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote