ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-07-2013   #1
Hotdogand6pack

Default Lone Soldier

I would post this on my regional board, but considering I live an hour away from the border of three of them, I figured the general board would be best. I was curious as to how many Z's there are out in my area. All my 'regional' gatherings are NYC/Boston based, which living in Buffalo means I can drive from Buffalo to Pittsburgh, from Pittsburgh to Cleveland, and back home in less time and tolls than it would take to join such.

I did find a 91 white Z for sale (#1852 still for sale as of 6/7/13) at a local dealership a few moons back. One of those, 'Out for a cruise' notices of a C4 on a lot and the typical head snap profile eyeballing to determine whether the old gal 'had hips' or not. The obligatory heel-toe turn ensued followed by the anxious salesman. Poor gal was rode hard and put away wet, but clean and only 22k+ miles. The emblems on the rear and side were re-adhered with what appeared to be carpet glue with soft and ductile beige masses oozing from the sides of the lettering. The interior was red and showed the signs of enjoyment filled driving. The salesman did his part to justify the price tag, and he did a good job. They were about 6k over reasonable retail (Relatively close to reasonable retail as of today 6/7/13, ironically 700$ above my offer last year.) The boy knew his trade well. He just was not prepared to talk about a Z to a Z-Owner. I paused a few moments, pointed out what I saw and what I thought and made a counter-offer which his eyes light up in offense. I laughed a little, got his business card, and continued my cruise. Retailers.... Never buy from a retailer. (I would haggle and buy it now but my finances are not the same as they were 6 months ago)

That being said, I hope someone local purchases that Z so I'm not all alone out here in this part of the country.
Hotdogand6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #2
Bob Eyres

Default Re: Lone Soldier

I used to live in the Chautauqua N.Y. area. Some years, in the summer, I like to bring my white 91' on vacation to my home town of Erie. Lots of fun, considering a ZR-1 is a pretty rare sight in that area.
I'll be there most of August. If there's any Corvette related activities in western N.Y., let me know. Maybe we can hook up.

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #3
QB93Z

Default Re: Lone Soldier

I suggest going to local car shows and Cars and Coffee type gatherings of car enthusiasts. Make yourself and your ZR-1 visible. I predict that people will approach you and tell you that they have a ZR-1 or that they know some one who does. Get their card or email address and contact them.

This is what I did in the MD, NoVA, DC area and there are now 45 ZR-1 owners on the Washington Area ZR-1 Owners Organization (WAZOO) email list. We are not a club and almost all WAZOO members joined the ZR-1 Net Registry. I periodically send out a bulk email and we get together for maintenance, cruises, and social events several times a month. We also use the Mid-Atlantic Regional Forum section to announce events.

Good luck.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote