ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-10-2011   #1
Alberta_ZR1

Default Laser jammer install, anyone else done it?

My lovely city is laser happy and they're getting worse.

So I have decided to install a decent laser jammer to work with my detector. The only issue I'm running into is where to mount the transponders (sensors). Since we have no grill or openings anywhere on the front of the car, the only place I can think of is under the nose.

Just curious if someone has installed a jammer on their Corvette and where they have put the transponders. Some pictures would be helpful.

Thanks

Example of an install on a C6 - there is only two transponders in the kit I'm looking at

Ty
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #2
Kevin

Default Re: Laser jammer install, anyone else done it?

i think the pinapple express had one installed...and quite a few other things too. i know mark haibeck worked on the car and i'm not sure who put it in to begin with but maybe you could contact him and see if he has any ideas
Old 05-10-2011   #3
mike100

Illegal in Cali (the jammers), but they don't use laser very often here. Ideally, the hidden system seems like the best option, I always hated having the detector in sight.

There is a square air scoop part you can buy from MAM that helps keep grit and debris out of the radiator inlet and it would have a horizontal surface that goes back several inches into the duct in which you could mount the sensors.
shown here

I saw in Edmonton that they actually have radar speed cams disguised as trash cans (wheelie-bins) that they put out on trash day. I'm not too fond of the municipalities camera minivans up in Ft Mac either.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #4
GOLDCYLON

I have heard of behind the front license plate filler
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #5
Alberta_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Illegal in Cali (the jammers), but they don't use laser very often here. Ideally, the hidden system seems like the best option, I always hated having the detector in sight.

There is a square air scoop part you can buy from MAM that helps keep grit and debris out of the radiator inlet and it would have a horizontal surface that goes back several inches into the duct in which you could mount the sensors.
shown here

I saw in Edmonton that they actually have radar speed cams disguised as trash cans (wheelie-bins) that they put out on trash day. I'm not too fond of the municipalities camera minivans up in Ft Mac either.
Good call on the air scoop. The only other spot to put the transponders is upside down from the front bumper and then set them in a little bit. There isn't much else to mount them to.

Unfortunately, a detector only works if he shoots the car in front of me first.
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011   #6
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_ZR1 View Post
Good call on the air scoop. The only other spot to put the transponders is upside down from the front bumper and then set them in a little bit. There isn't much else to mount them to.

Unfortunately, a detector only works if he shoots the car in front of me first.
Plenty of room on the BMAD for mounting but it would be very visable a few feet from the front of the car.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote