ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-09-2009   #1
jimmac28

Default Help tracking down original owner

Ok guys I’m going to need some help. I’m trying to find out the original owner of my ZR-1, it is a 92 NO 178 build Sept 27 1991. I have the window sticker and build sheet, and it says that the "dealer to whom delivered" was “CO Show & Display-Pass Car MDS” 440 Burroughs Detroit MI 48202 Order No 921QD4 Dealer NO 00-995.

Delivered to Dealer at Warren MI, Dealer NO 00-185 which is Hamilton Chevrolet.

When I traced that address it is now TechTown, 440 Burroughs Street Detroit MI 48202, which is part of Wayne State University. After calling them, the building that they are now in was where the Corvette was originally designed and at that time was owned by GM. The man that I spoke with had a lot of information but was on a speaker phone and I was on my cell so the conversation was a little trying.

Here is my question can anyone piece this information together and make any cense of it.

Was it a company car, was it use for shows or was it used for research, how can I find out???????

Thanks for any help Jim.

1994 Corvette convertible Sold.

92 #178, Haibeck chip,Hawk brake's,RC injectors, B&B cat back, X-Pipe and 49th St. Rockers sold.

Last edited by jimmac28; 09-09-2009 at 04:12 PM.
jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #2
jimmac28

Default Re: Help tracking down original owner

Well this is what I found out about my ZR-1, it was originally ordered by “CO Show & Display-Pass car MDS” This is the media division of GM Chevrolet. They order cars to use in all events, Auto shows, Magazine ads, Test drives for the media, Commercials, Corvette shows e.g. Carlyle, Testing, and Consumer feed back.

I found this out from two gentlemen, (names are being withheld), one from the Bowling Green assembly plant, who was very informative, and who gave me the number to the man in charge in Detroit.

The man from Detroit was just a blast to talk to; he explained what they do and how they do it. He verified that the car I own was used in their division, but he didn’t how it was used. Se he was the oldest employee there, but he started in 2001, so I hit a wall on the car and by the way there is no records.

But this is what I do know; Chevy received the car in 9/91 and they put it up for auction in 6/93 with 170 miles on it. What they did with it during that time who knows. What I hope is, it was used in every commercial that needed a bright red corvette ZR-1 and those seats had nothing but beautiful blond butt’s sitting in them.

Now with all this information and 2 dollars, it will get me a large cup of Duncan Donuts coffee, but it is history.

1994 Corvette convertible Sold.

92 #178, Haibeck chip,Hawk brake's,RC injectors, B&B cat back, X-Pipe and 49th St. Rockers sold.

jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote