ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-14-2012   #1
captcorvette

Default Bad Karma?

I must have really been bad in a previous life (or perhaps this one?) and it must have been to a ZR1!! Every time I touch this car it bites me.

Problematic right headlight that I had replaced with the older 3 wire one was working great for a few days. Then one morning when I turned the headlights on the right one would not come up. Checked it and it had chewed up the inside t drive and housing. OK time to bite the bullet and get a correct 2 wire unit. Nothing available here so bought it in the states and had it shipped over. Was impatient wanting to drive the toy. $1200 later the headlight, with motor and horseshoe fitting arrived and was installed. Great! Back on the road!

Not so bloody fast there partner. Got home and turned the lights off. Left head light motor won't move. OK sometimes the "stick" so will sort it out the next morning at the shop. The next morning I want to drive the Z to my hobby shop and neither light will come up. Both lights come on but i don't need the inside of the engine compartment illuminated to I drive to the shop with the running/fog lights on. Not a big problem as it gets light early now and it is just about twilight when leaving the hacienda.

Get to the shop. Give it one more try to see if it was my imagination. Nope both lights will not rotate. But both motors are free and if I manually turn the headlight motor knobs they come all the way up as long as I keep turning.

Quickly this untrained brain checks EVERY fuse in the box. All good. Reach inside the back of the car for the FSM (yeah I have gotten into the habit of keeping it behind my seat) and it is not there!

Oops! Forgot the minor fact that I was having a read a couple of days back leaving it on my home desk.

So now cannot check the FSM until I get back home tonight.

If I have made an obvious mistake that any of you can advise me about before I get back to the FSM at home I will be appropriately humble and embarrassed.

Bad Karma? Gremlins? Or perhaps I aggravated the F__k up Fairy---again. However I have not seen any little black cloud over me recently.
captcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote