ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-26-2005   #1
Andrew Donovan

Default ZR1 history

I purchased a 1991 ZR! in july this year, VIN No.1G1YZ23J6M58000070, I have heard several stories of the origin & history of this car. They all have a similar ring i.e. the car was converted to right hand drive in the USA by Dartom for G.M and is 1 of 2 or 3 cars converted for export trials in Australia. It is a sister car to 1 that is in the National Museum. If any one can help with the true story behind this car I would appreciate hearing form you.

Regards,

Andrew Donovan.
Andrew Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #2
Tyler Townsley

Default Re: ZR1 history

If it was done for GM by GM that should be reflected in the GM service data. You should be able to pull that up at your GM service center, IE dealer, on his car service history. That is a low vin for a 91 and the story could be true. Another way to check is to pull the build sheet from the right front wheel suspension/ (pull the spring out) frame or get a copy from the NCM.

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #3
Andrew Donovan

Default Re: ZR1 history

Tyler,

Thanks for the info.
I do not have any GM service data.How would I get to the GM service centre for the sevice history, I do not know if the car was ever serviced in the USA. I have a copy of the built sheet and cannot find anything on there that helps me, remember both the car and I are in Australia, you know the country that first took the Americas Cup of the USA, the country that next door to the second country that did the same thing, New Zealand. Both countries are in the southern hemisphere, bottom right on the maps.(only joking)

Regards

Andrew Donovan.
Andrew Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote