ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-29-2020   #1
mmkkpro

Default Scan tool for 1990Z

Hi guys, I am looking for a scanner for my 1990 ZR-1. I know the tech 1 and tech 1a are the best but hard to find. Is there any other scanners reasonably priced that compare to the tech series. I found a tech 1a complete with all modules and the manual. It would be nice to have as I know they are hard to find and expensive, but I guess expensive is a relative term when working on these cars. Thanks.
mmkkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020   #2
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Scan tool for 1990Z

My scanner (AutoXray 1000) is "NLA" and limited in that there is no software updates for Windows 10. Check with Dominic Sorrenso(sp?) or Marc Haibeck, but a inexpensive Tablet and copy of Tunerpro with appropriate cable for the ALDL is an option (I'm considering too).

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 07-02-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020   #3
mmkkpro

Hi Paul, thank you for replying. I was searching the other night for Obd1 scanners and came across this product from 1320electronics, it is a bluetooth device that monitors engine systems it looks cool and may be helpful. I have been chasing a miss and thought this might give me some ideas. I bought a set of noid lights I'm going to use to test the signal fron the ECM injector drivers. Also installing a new o2 sensor on passenger side already did drivers side. All plugs look blackish which tells me it's running rich, but the number 6 plug is white as snow. Have replaced coils, wires, injectors(two on number 6). Hopefully the noid light will confirm a signal to #6 or not. I have spoken to MH by email and he said I could send him my ecm and he will test it.
Check out 1320electronics and let me know what you think about this device, thanks, have a great day.
mmkkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020   #4
Ccmano

I use a Tech 1, its invaluable because of how it dovetails with the diagnostics and diagnostic trees in the FSM. However in some respects its not ideal. If I need to record various engine parameters over time I use a Software program called ALDLDroid on an inexpensive Android tablet with a 1320electronics Bluetooth dongle. It works well for just about every conceivable engine parameter. One of our members (=Jeff=) helped design the interface for the LT5. So it works well.
One of these days Ill work on adding the data from my wideband O2 sensor.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote