ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-04-2009   #1
FNG90-195

Default New Guy Alert

Greetings

Please excuse me if this posting appears twice. I had a nice introduction all typed out, and when I clicked on "Preview Post", it seemed to disappear into thin air.

I have been haunting this site since Nov. when I came across a 1990 ZR-1, Bright Red/Black that might be for sale. I have been getting all kinds of great information from this site, but didn't want to join and post in case it jinxed the deal. However, as of yesterday I am the proud owner of an early Canadian Car, #195 with 78,000 km (about 47,000 mi.?) on it.
In the past I have been mostly into British stuff (currently 78 Mini, 73 MGB-GT and 71 E-Type Jag), but have always liked C4s, and when I came across this ZR-1 and did some research, I couldn't resist.

I'm new to this forum and membership stuff, and not very good with computers, so please excuse me in advance if I screw anything up. This site has been a great resource, and I'm sure you will be hearing from me when I bring the car home from storage in a couple of weeks. Thanks to all those that contribute to make this such a great site!

Mark

1990 #195
FNG90-195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #2
Gunny

Default Re: New Guy Alert

Congrats on your "new" Z. You will probably find it very difficult to get rid of the big grin that's going to be on your face in the days to come.

You've come to the right place for a wealth of knowledge about your ZR-1. Let me encourage you to consider joining the ZR-1 Net Registry. I believe you will find that it will offer you even more as a new owner of a Z.

Again, congrats & enjoy it to the fullest.

George Jones
Founding Member #14
www.zrwon.com
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #3
flyin ryan

Welcome Mark .I too own a 90 CDN Zee, #1706. Nowhere near to being considered 'Early' though. When you 'Log-In' make sure you click the 'Remember Me' box. Otherwise you stand the chance of your post/message being erased if you take 'Too' long , trust me...i know. give it a try, you should be o.k.. Does 'FNG' 90 mean what i think it does?
Old 04-04-2009   #4
FNG90-195

I appreciate the the advice and the welcome Ryan. I'll give the "remember me" thing a try next time I log on.

How about "Far North Guy"? If I told you otherwise I probably wouldn't be allowed back.
FNG90-195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #5
PhillipsLT5

Welcome to the Brotherhood
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #6
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG90-195 View Post

How about "Far North Guy"? If I told you otherwise I probably wouldn't be allowed back.
Never know...around here you might be welcomed with open arms , LOL
Old 04-04-2009   #7
HAWAIIZR-1

Welcome to the family and don't worry, you still have a little bit British with the Lotus designed LT5.......kind of.........sort of..........maybe

You'll fall more and more it love with it as time goes on.

Aloha FNG!
Old 04-04-2009   #8
WB9MCW

Welcome to the ZOO FNG glad to have you aboard!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #9
kirkstingray

Welcome, I have a canadian delivered car also, enjoy you will love it.
kirkstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #10
VetteMed

I'm new here too -- welcome! This bunch is great, tons of knowledge to share!
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote