ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-01-2009   #1
Gunny

Default RPO-C60 Project (Please read)

I'm looking for some help in locating & verifying any and all '90 ZR-1's that are equipped with Manual A/C (RPO-C60). Here's the story.

Of the 3000+ Z's built in 1990 very few had Manual A/C ... most opted for the full electronic A/C. The generally accepted number of Z's with Manual A/C is 124 (I've found that reference in 2-3 places on the web. However, when I took Gordon's School a couple years back, he noted that I had one of the "rare" ones and I replied, "Yes, 1 of 124". Gordon said that was not correct and that he felt the number was closer to 12 or 14.

I posed this question on either this forum or the "other" forum shortly after and got some responses which led me to believe that maybe the number might be as many as 24, but it's hard not to believe Gordon when he says the number is very small.

OK, here's what I'm looking for. The ID of those Z's with Manual A/C (last 4 digits of VIN), a photo of the car, where the car is now and the owner's name. I have set up a special section on my website to feature each of the cars. I currently have 18 possibles/probables including mine but only one photo and one verified (mine). If you own a Z with Manual A/C or know someone who does, please get in touch with me. This has become a bit of a quest for me and I really want to know the answer.

I'm hoping to have 6 photos for each C60 car with at least one showing a full view, one photo of the original window sticker (if available), one photo of the RPO sheet (under the console lid), one of the build sheet (if available), and the remaining photos whatever the owner wishes to contribute. Check the updated website to see a couple of examples.

To view what I'm talking about go to the RPO-C60 Project which is essentially the explanation that I've given above. To see how I plan to display the photos and information go to RPO-C60.

Some of you who are reading this know that I maintain a website for the purpose of posting Corvette pictures, events, owners, etc. etc. but especially ZR-1 pics. I just finished updating the "look" & "feel" of the site in an attempt to make it easier to navigate, etc. Please stop in & check out ZRWON.com. I should have over 4000 photos posted after this year's BG Gathering. If you see any photos you really like & want a copy of the original, let me know and I'll see that you get it.

George Jones
Founding Member #14
www.zrwon.com

Last edited by Gunny; 09-17-2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: update links
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #2
tccrab

Default Re: RPO-C60 Project (Please read)

My friend ZR-1 Franz (http://www.zr1netregistry.com/forum/member.php?u=410) has #982, red with saddle interior, manual AC.
Franz is in Switzerland.
I'll send him a PM and get some pics of his car.

TomC
"Crabs"
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #3
Gunny

Thanks Tom ... this is the kind of help that I'm going to need in order to make this project a success. Be sure you have him look at the picture and description that I put with my car. Some owners might prefer to not have their name and/or location published and I certainly respect the wish for privacy. But I really want to get the car ID number and photo posted if at all possible. Thanks a bunch.

George
Old 04-02-2009   #4
-=Jeff=-

I have #1051

I have pictures here:

http://www.vettextc.net/ZR-1

Car is black with red interior. it has Borla Exhaust, GS wheels and soon to have headers.

RPO shows to be a C60, but the controller was replaced with one form a 92-93 LT1 C60 car.. I am still in search of a 1990 C60 controller
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #5
Gunny

Jeff,

I grabbed one of your pictures and uploaded it with basic info to the RPO section. Please check it & make sure it's the pic you want and that the info is correct. If you want a different pic, email me a high res version and I'll take care of it. Thanks for sharing.

George
Old 04-02-2009   #6
-=Jeff=-

Sent you a PM, but looks good!!
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #7
Jeffvette

George, cool site! Good luck on your project.
Old 04-02-2009   #8
dbriana

Seems you have all 14 listed on the registry productions #s page except #2491? Not sure if the supposed scanning of the C4 build sheets would break out both C60 and ZR1 though.
dbriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #9
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette View Post
George, cool site! Good luck on your project.
will you answer your pms?
Old 04-02-2009   #10
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbriana View Post
Seems you have all 14 listed on the registry productions #s page except #2491? Not sure if the supposed scanning of the C4 build sheets would break out both C60 and ZR1 though.
Will double check #2491 ... thought I had gotten all from the registry. Enlighten me on scanning the C4 build sheets. This might be the gold mine I'm looking for.

George