ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-08-2011   #1
Z51JEFF

Default A question about LED bulbs.

Will these work for the 3rd brake light?I tried to buy a set from a place that had them for the C4 brake light but the place cant get them right now.http://www.sailorsams.com/led_bulbs.htm
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011   #2
Z51JEFF

Default Re: A question about LED bulbs.

Its the A8 bulb Im looking at.
Old 01-09-2011   #3
pantera1683

You should get LED bulbs which have all the LEDs facing the lens.
pantera1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #4
pantera1683

You can find the CHMSL LEDs on Ebay but IMHO they are not worth the effort. I have them as well as the LED brake lights like Goldcylon's; the brake lights are all you need.
Old 01-09-2011   #5
Z51JEFF

I want something that is annoyingly bright.I cant pull into a parking lot without some moron right on my a$$,I have to creep past the driveway and Im afraid Im going to get stuffed one of these days.I ordered a set from CorvetteHid but got an email a few day later they couldnt get them.I found some at the link in my first post.Ill call this place and see if they will work.Does anybody know how bright,lumens the stock lights are?
Old 01-09-2011   #6
pantera1683

Look at Goldcylon's pics. That is all you need. The CHMSL LEDs are not much brighter than stock.
Old 01-09-2011   #7
todesengel

why in the world would anyone want taillights that bright? Factory components are one thing, but deliberately putting stuff on your vehicle to blind other people makes zero sense to me. If I was behind someone with aftermarket bling on the back of their car, and it was blinding me I would make sure they got a good dose of my high beams.

People who do not pay attention while driving wont suddenly do so because you have brighter tailights, but you may have a lifted 2500 shooting their high beams into your cabin.

This makes about as much sense to me as drl, neons, European non dot approved hid's, led valve stem caps, and led windshield washer nozzles.

Everyone has their own taste though, so I am sure I will get flamed for this opinion.
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #8
pantera1683

Quote:
Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
why in the world would anyone want taillights that bright? Factory components are one thing, but deliberately putting stuff on your vehicle to blind other people makes zero sense to me. If I was behind someone with aftermarket bling on the back of their car, and it was blinding me I would make sure they got a good dose of my high beams.

People who do not pay attention while driving wont suddenly do so because you have brighter tailights, but you may have a lifted 2500 shooting their high beams into your cabin.

This makes about as much sense to me as drl, neons, European non dot approved hid's, led valve stem caps, and led windshield washer nozzles.

Everyone has their own taste though, so I am sure I will get flamed for this opinion.

Well you asked for it, so "flame on." Welcome to 2011! I don't know where you live but it populated areas like Houston, drivers have an uncanny ability to talk, text, put on makeup, eat, and do just about anything in there cars while driving. In the sticks this may not be a big deal, but in a place where you have to share the road with a lot of other people this tends to lead to a lot of accidents. Every little thing you can do in a tiny car like a corvette to get people to notice you are there, the better your chances of not becoming the victim of an "accident." Goldcylon and more recently Rhipsher can tell you about that.

As a motorcyclist, I can tell you it's the same with bikes with loud pipes. People may not see the bike, but when they hear it they become more attentive.

Also you may want to think twice about shooting highbeams at the wrong person or someone might shoot something else back at you. Seriously, those are the times we are living in.
Old 01-09-2011   #9
todesengel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera1683 View Post
Well you asked for it, so "flame on." Welcome to 2011! I don't know where you live but it populated areas like Houston, drivers have an uncanny ability to talk, text, put on makeup, eat, and do just about anything in there cars while driving. In the sticks this may not be a big deal, but in a place where you have to share the road with a lot of other people this tends to lead to a lot of accidents. Every little thing you can do in a tiny car like a corvette to get people to notice you are there, the better your chances of not becoming the victim of an "accident." Goldcylon and more recently Rhipsher can tell you about that.

As a motorcyclist, I can tell you it's the same with bikes with loud pipes. People may not see the bike, but when they hear it they become more attentive.

Also you may want to think twice about shooting highbeams at the wrong person or someone might shoot something else back at you. Seriously, those are the times we are living in.
Ah, the nerf the world defense. So basically what you are saying is that it is ok to make others suffer for your personal choice? blasting ear drums, blinding lights, all ok as it adds to your safety?

long ago, in a different world for me i stopped at a red light at ~0300. not many cars on the road, and the one i was driving just happened to be a fully marked, light bar and decal equipped state issued car, #728 actually. A car pulled behind me, backed up, blasted around me through the redlight.......

turn on your tv and watch some of these dumbest people shows. these shows are full of people who *** end police cruisers on the side of the road, even though they have their light bar flashing.

Stupid people do stupid things, and what you feel is safety inspiring may actually have a moth to the flame effect.

I drive over 50k miles a year, through most major metropolitan areas, and still see no need for these. The year, and area have zero bearing on people and dwhua's (driving with head up ***).

As far as shining what where, i own my actions, and am pretty damn well equipped for anyone who wishes to escalate a situation they themselves created. if you wish to make me miserable to give yourself a little added sense of security you should also be prepared to deal with owning your own actions. Thinly veiled threats carry as much weight to me as peoples opinions on my possessions, or opinions.

What I offered was just my opinion, no need to take it personal we have them. It's a open forum, and as such it is open to all opinions, at least that is my understanding.
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #10
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by todesengel View Post

Do me a favor,dont respond to any of my posts from now,you have not a single thing to offer me or anyone else for that matter.If you feel the need to respond to this,send me a message or email.