ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 07-29-2009   #1
Geof180

Default black belt + light beige leather seats =

marks on the seat. dammit!

while washing the Z after driving down to Bowling Green, I noticed several marks in the driver's seat - cause by the black leather belt I was wearing on Saturday...

any ideas on how I might get these out?

I have already tried Adam's leather and interior cleaner and Meguiar's leather cleaner...

nothing has touched the marks so far... I guess this is what I get for actually driving my car??

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1994 torch red on light beige ZR-1 #107 [/SIZE][SIZE=1](thanks Nick)[/SIZE][/FONT]
Geof180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: black belt + light beige leather seats =

Geof,

Congrats on a great car and incredible value.

Believe it or not, try hair spray on your leather. A friend just told me about it and then SHOWED me. I was amazed.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #3
Dylan@Adams

I'm really shocked that our Leather & Interior cleaner didn't take it off... these seats were in a 35th anniversary camaro owned by a friend of mine who is a mechanic and it took nothing more than a spray and wipe down to completely clean the seat.

You might try a highly dilluted mixture of IP alcohol and water, use carefully. That may be what works in the hairspray as I'm sure alcohol is used as a drying agent.
Old 08-04-2009   #4
Geof180

thanks for the suggestions... no sir, not even Adam's leather cleaner could remove the marks.. and neither could the hairspary...

it has been pouring down rain here in dayton today - lemme wait until tomorrow to get the car out to get a picture or two of the marks...

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1994 torch red on light beige ZR-1 #107 [/SIZE][SIZE=1](thanks Nick)[/SIZE][/FONT]
Geof180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #5
todesengel

This is going to sound bad, but 5% hcl and 95% distilled 02 will pull those marks right out. Make sure you try it in an inconspicuous place first as I am not sure about the quality of the dye on these seats. Make sure you nuetralize, and condition as soon as possible after the cleaning.
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote