ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 07-05-2011   #1
batchman

Default part seeks

These are probably a long shot but hey, nothing ventured = nothing gained.

My car is a 91 but I'm looking to back-date my front spindles/hubs so I need the ABS wiring from front sensors to brain for an 88-90 c4 (style with seperate ABS sensor). This is so I can consume $100 hubs instead of $300 hubs. I have the spindles and sensors. So far I've only found the set on eBay but the seller (thankfully) readily acknowledges the connectors are all cracked on his example. Since I need to race in the rain that'd be um, not so good.

Also looking for a 24mm rear bar (from any D44 C4) and since this is a wish list, a hollow front bar and/or some decent end links for front bar would be *awesome*, as would reasonable 2-piece front rotors to fit the J55 brakes.

Almost forgot, need a steering column with no tilt play from any std-trans 91-93 c4, hopefully with the key or lock pulled.

Thanks for listening ,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]

Last edited by batchman; 07-05-2011 at 05:33 PM.
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011   #2
mike100

Default Re: part seeks

As far as the hubs go, you can get the modern style abs resolver and plug by using f-body ones apparently:

http://http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/12392-c4-front-bearings.html
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011   #3
Pete

Mike linky no worky.

Also are all 4th gen f-body bearings same?

Her it is
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/c...-bearings.html

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage

Last edited by Pete; 07-05-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011   #4
batchman

Good link there, by far the best price I've seen on the later hubs. Nosing around on that side it looks like they may have similarly advantageous pricing on the earlier hubs too.

I'm not sure how he's driving his car, but between the 2 C4s on A6s (the 91 ZR-1 and an 88 Z-51) we've been through hubs from all manufacturers and have not found any significant difference. That said autocross is probably the worst possible case since the car is always weight transferred and if you're driving hard they're loaded to the extreme. The basic problem is the grip of modern tires far outstretches the load capacity of this bearing design. There is an aftermarket solution that someone ginned up with tapered bearings but class rules (not to mention cost) prevent them on both cars.

We've been through enough hubs (up to 3 sets per season per car) that I have come to the conclusion that ALL the available hubs are coming from one factory in China and there is no substantive difference. I say this because I've had boxes of one brand with hubs from another, one that appeared correct but had a flange stamped with another brand's logo, that sort of stuff. They all bleed the same color though but the basic problem is they will all bleed.

The earlier car is Stock class so cannot change hub type at all, although the F-bod part should be okay (if it made a difference). The ZR-1 is classed to allow update/backdate so it can use the earlier style, allowing us to keep uniform spares.

I'd love to find a simple brake cooling duct setup as I think cooling the hubs could help.

Thanks/later,
- Jeff

PS I should add I'd also love to find a set of underdrive pulleys, Fidanza, lightweight pressure plate, Tru-Trac, 1,200lb front spring, light/simple radio, yeah the list goes on.
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #5
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchman View Post
These are probably a long shot but hey, nothing ventured = nothing gained.

My car is a 91 but I'm looking to back-date my front spindles/hubs so I need the ABS wiring from front sensors to brain for an 88-90 c4 (style with seperate ABS sensor). This is so I can consume $100 hubs instead of $300 hubs. I have the spindles and sensors. So far I've only found the set on eBay but the seller (thankfully) readily acknowledges the connectors are all cracked on his example. Since I need to race in the rain that'd be um, not so good.

Also looking for a 24mm rear bar (from any D44 C4) and since this is a wish list, a hollow front bar and/or some decent end links for front bar would be *awesome*, as would reasonable 2-piece front rotors to fit the J55 brakes.

Almost forgot, need a steering column with no tilt play from any std-trans 91-93 c4, hopefully with the key or lock pulled.

Thanks for listening ,
- Jeff
I would contact Dearborn Axle, I have dealt with them in the past and have had nothing but success with every hub or half shaft that I have ever needed.

Phone Number: (313) 583-0000
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote