ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-27-2008   #1
tomcat

Default Recall on Mobil 1 Oil Filters

Went to Autozone to get a Mobil 1 Oil Filter. The Clerk told me there is a recall on Oil Filters for the LT5's & all the filters have been taken of the self. Has anyone heard of this? (Vancouver Washington.)

Manfred E.........
91 ZR1 #906
http://pnwzr1.net

Last edited by tomcat; 01-27-2008 at 05:53 PM.
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #2
Sgreg

Arrow Re: Recall on Mobil 1 Oil Filters

Sounds like BS to me !!!!!
Old 01-27-2008   #3
LGAFF

Default Re: Recall on Mobil 1 Oil Filters

"The Clerk told me there is a recall on Oil Filters for the LT5's & all the filters have been taken of the self. Has anyone heard of this?"

Translation: We've got one, but I'm too lazy to go in the back and find it....Next!

LGAFF
92 ZR1
LGAFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #4
Nick

Manfred, I use the K&N. You can find them online for around $6 per filter. Never been a big fan of the Mobil 1 (mostly because I can never find them, but then again, I can't find the K&N on the shelves either )
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #5
bldavis11

Aftre reading through a pile of posts over at Bobistheoilguy.com, I've switched to PureONE filters. High quality, perform consistently well, and are easily available for our motors. I too have had difficulty always finding a Mobil1 filter and I can purchase 2 PureONE's for the price of 1 Mobil1
bldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #6
glass slipper

There is no recall. Autozone is purging all their stores of the M1-207 LT5 oil filters. Mobil went to the extended performance (silver and black box) filters and the LT5 M1-207 is the only part number where some of the old style (green and silver box) M1-207 filters are still on the shelf right along side the new style M1-207 filters. I pass right by the old filter and grab one of the new ones...same price and a better filter. But that leaves them with a bunch of old filters they can't get rid of so they're purging ALL M1-207s...for the staggering price of $.01. Yes, one penny whether it's the old style or new style. I'm in the process of buying all the new style M1-207s in Jacksonville, FL I can get my hands on for that price, but there are plenty of the old style filters available if anybody is interested. I used to run them so there isn't anything wrong with them, I just prefer the newer style.
glass slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #7
bldavis11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass slipper
There is no recall. Autozone is purging all their stores of the M1-207 LT5 oil filters. Mobil went to the extended performance (silver and black box) filters and the LT5 M1-207 is the only part number where some of the old style (green and silver box) M1-207 filters are still on the shelf right along side the new style M1-207 filters. I pass right by the old filter and grab one of the new ones...same price and a better filter. But that leaves them with a bunch of old filters they can't get rid of so they're purging ALL M1-207s...for the staggering price of $.01. Yes, one penny whether it's the old style or new style. I'm in the process of buying all the new style M1-207s in Jacksonville, FL I can get my hands on for that price, but there are plenty of the old style filters available if anybody is interested. I used to run them so there isn't anything wrong with them, I just prefer the newer style.
$0.01?!? Have you hit the stores in Orange Park yet? I know where I'm heading after work tomorrow afternoon.
Old 01-27-2008   #8
glass slipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldavis11
$0.01?!? Have you hit the stores in Orange Park yet? I know where I'm heading after work tomorrow afternoon.
That's not a misprint, $0.01 is the price. I haven't checked Orange Park yet, I'll let you chase those down. Are you interested in the old style M1-207s??? The store right next to me (in Neptune Beach) has 5 of them. There are some at the Cassat, Edgewood, W Main Street, and Atlantic Blvd stores but I don't know which ones they have. I'm checking them tomorrow and if they're the new ones, I'm going to try to snag them.

Happy hunting!!
glass slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #9
bldavis11

I've always stuck with their extended performance line. I'll pass on the green ones for now. There aren't too many AutoZones down this way. There is one on Blanding, but otherwise, most parts stores are DiscountAuto.
Old 01-28-2008   #10
phrogs

Id like to know where I can get this .01 cent filters local here I need to check

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is online now   Reply With Quote