ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-04-2016   #1
Dds1990

Default Secondary problem fixed. Now need help with clutch issue.

After great advice here I finally traced my 1990 #0106 secondary problem to a PCV vacuum leak. I blocked off the vacuum line running to the PCV valves and took it for a drive...All I can say is wow, first time experiencing that. Now I have a clutch issue. I had jacked up the right front just enough to remove to right front tire to do some cleaning and before taking it for the above drive it would not go into gear. I then checked the clutch fluid it was there was none in it. I then added fluid and did the pump suck and replace method til it was clear. Went to move it yesterday and it would not go into gear. Checked fluid again and it was low but not empty, added fluid pumped it up, got it into gear but clutch pedal feels weak and there is no fluid under the car in indicate a leak. I knew there would be issues because the car has sat a lot over the last 15 years...Any help as always would be appreciated...
Dds1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: Secondary problem fixed. Now need help with clutch issue.

I hope u haven't left the PCV blocked.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016   #3
Dds1990

No I only drove it about 5 miles then parked it and ordered a new PCV fitting from Jerry's.
Old 08-04-2016   #4
scottskill

Slave cylinder my be leaking into the bellhousing. Remove slave cylinder, don't remove hydraulic line inspect for leakage.
scottskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016   #5
scottskill

Should have a small drain hole on the bottom of the bellhousing where fluid can drain out

Sent from my SM-G925P using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
scottskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016   #6
George Maz

I'm refilling master cylinder on a weekly basis, significant leakage. My clutch engagement feels as though as if it's acting like it's coming on not all at once...like it has to take a second to set itself in. This happens no matter how gently or quickly I lift off the clutch pedal...regardless of lower or higher rpm shift.

While reversing slowly, I can feel a shudder at times...so does my mechanic passenger. Had the car less than 1000 miles since it's been in two shops.
I'll be the guy at Carlisle holding a funnel and fluid...this sucks.

My other ZR-1 is a cream puff, world class performance, no issues, no disappointments.
1990 ZR-1 #1587
1990 ZR-1 #1727
George Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016   #7
GOLDCYLON

I posted up a slave cylinder replacement option on EBay I found in the technical section. I installed it 3 weeks ago it works well. GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016   #8
Racinfan83

For you guys with clutch cylinder issues (and clutch issues) call Jim Jandik at Power Torque Systems. He is a bundle of knowledge and has a lot of stuff. Great guy to talk with as well. http://powertorquesystems.com/Contact.htm
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016   #9
Dds1990

Purchased a Duralast Clutch Master Cylinder and got it installed, fit nicely, but for a guy 6'2" 265 lbs not a lot room on the floor and under the dash. Clutch pumped up and has a good pedal without bleeding it at the Slave cylinder. Probably will purchase a rebuilt correct one and install it next spring...Maybe...Red/ Red 1990 #0106.