ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-20-2007   #1
76vett

Default 0-60 Magazine

Hey i work for 0-60 magazine in NYC and we're trying to get together a story about the 90-95 ZR-1 vs the C6 Z06 and I want to know if anyone living in the NJ/NYC area would be interested in having your car in the magazine and letting us take a couple pictures and do a comparison between the two cars. The only catch is your car needs to be stock with no modifications. If you like i can send you a couple copies of the magazine so that you know we're for real. Let me know. Email mmcrenshaw@gmail.com

Thanks,

Michael Crenshaw
76vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #2
WB9MCW

Default Re: 0-60 Magazine

Why not do comp with the new ZR1 just aroud the corner in 08?

ZR-1 vs ZR1 well I guess you could do both!

I am sure you will get a member to help out!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #3
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76vett
Hey i work for 0-60 magazine in NYC and we're trying to get together a story about the 90-95 ZR-1 vs the C6 Z06 and I want to know if anyone living in the NJ/NYC area would be interested in having your car in the magazine and letting us take a couple pictures and do a comparison between the two cars. The only catch is your car needs to be stock with no modifications. If you like i can send you a couple copies of the magazine so that you know we're for real. Let me know. Email mmcrenshaw@gmail.com

Thanks,

Michael Crenshaw
Hey yourself Michael: A stock ZR-1 is a rare beast anymore, and anybody with one might not be willing to "help". At the risk of getting flamed I'll suggest you take a C6 Z06 to Fort Stockton, TX and set a new 24-hour land speed record that eclipses the ZR-1 records by the requisite FIA margins.
Old 11-22-2007   #4
tomtom72

I have a stock 90 ZR-1......

but it's fun to drive....to me anyway!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #5
Jeffvette

Go for it Tom. You've got a fine car. Just be sure to use the gas pedal
Old 11-22-2007   #6
Kevin

am i the only one who doesn't see the point to this?
Old 11-23-2007   #7
gbrtng

no

I guess my attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor flopped. My point being that the ZR-1 set a few land speed records back in March 1990. The magazine is "0-60", and we all know that getting a decent 60' time out of a ZR-1 takes a really skilled driver making the comparison with a C6 Z06 a little like comparing apples and oranges. The C6 is several hundred pounds lighter and has 100 more hp. If he wants do do a comparison, he should throw in a stock 1970 ZR-1, and maybe an L88 1968 too.

Last edited by gbrtng; 11-23-2007 at 09:14 AM.
gbrtng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #8
WB9MCW

The only point is that 100 hp more = 1 sec better qm times

which we all know already
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-23-2007   #9
WB9MCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng
Hey yourself Michael: A stock ZR-1 is a rare beast anymore, and anybody with one might not be willing to "help". At the risk of getting flamed I'll suggest you take a C6 Z06 to Fort Stockton, TX and set a new 24-hour land speed record that eclipses the ZR-1 records by the requisite FIA margins.
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT TO NOTE

"Consider that the 175-180 mph speed range easily achieved by even the early, 375 hp, ZR-1 is comparable to current race averages in today's NASCAR events, where much lighter cars use the same size engine as the Corvette (5.7 liters or 350 cubic inches). Recall how many of those highly modified, NASCAR engines fail after less than 500 miles, and then ponder how the Corvette's LT-5 engine ran at the very same speeds for the equivalent of TEN Daytona 500s -- BACK-TO-BACK! That's a level of durability unprecedented in the automotive industry, a feat which has yet to be equaled by any production car, anywhere."

UPDATE ****** FEB 2002 ******

(from VW Press Release) Nardo / Wolfsburg Volkswagen took a prototype of its W12 sports car to the Nardo high-speed circuit near Lecce in Southern Italy on February 23 and 24, and beat the world 24-hour speed record. This exceptional sports car design, with a top speed of 350 km/h(217.53 MPH), covered a distance of 7,749.4 kilometres at an average speed of 322.89 km/h(200.7 MPH).

The world record set up only shortly before, on October 14, 2001 with the same car, was beaten by 27.7 km/h, with the car covering 663 kilometres more. This improvement is due to the remarkable reliability of the 440 kW (600 bhp) twelve-cylinder engine, to further development work on the car itself and to its highly motivated crew.

NOTE==== THE VW NEVER WENT INTO PRODUCTION

POINT IS -- THE KING IS STILL THE KING

The Germans may have built a engine in the W12 that can go the distance but they have never put it into a production car and sold it to the public.

AS ZRONER'S LIKE TO SAY-- "WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PUSHRODS".

Last edited by WB9MCW; 11-23-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2007   #10
tomtom72

Hey fellas, at the risk of letting my perpetual NOOOBNESS show, I just have this to say about stuff like what Mike's mag is asking:

Why is it that quite a few super cars since the ZR-1 use a ZR-1 as a yard stick for measuring improvement?

I kind of get flattered when some brand new hot rod compares it's performance to the antique that I own, it makes me

I just might send this fella an inquirey about what is on the agenda for this article. I have never been down the 1/4 in my Z and I've yet to see more than 4500 rpm in 4th....so mine is proly the most babied out of all the stock survivor cars that are driven.....Hi, my name is Tom and my Z was a garage queen....but not since I got it!

Oh, Jeff, I have discovered 4th and I'm discovering 3rd too! All this time I thought, "boy those C5's & C6's are quick in 6th?" All this time I was trying to hang on to my crusin pals in 6th & 5th! I come to find out that they are never in 6th, mostly in 5th and go to 4th when they want to leave the antique behind!........not any more!...oh yea, my car runs better too!

I'm a slow learner!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member

Last edited by tomtom72; 11-23-2007 at 08:56 AM.
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote