ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-02-2016   #1
8cam

Default Miranda says....

Stig ain't got nuthin on her!

'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #2
RussMcB

Default Re: Miranda says....

I was glad to see it looked like you had good weather (mostly) at the autocross yesterday.

Was it fun for both of you?
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #3
8cam

We had a blast, and the weather was perfect. Just a few clouds, never a hint of rain. The course was completely dry and because of the threat of rain, the turnout was pretty light. I ended up with six runs and Miranda had five, and everything ran right on schedule. It was a great day.

This was the first time she ran the car in Full Power mode...caught a couple powerslides just beautifully, and was definitely smoother than me in a couple spots. She did great.
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-02-2016   #4
ZRapid-1

From your pictures, I see concrete and asphalt. Was the course on a mix of the two surfaces? That would make it interesting.

I ran an autocross (with another car) at the Dropzone in NY. The surface was older concrete. It was like coarse sandpaper and the grip was unreal. The cornering and braking limits were so much higher that you need to recalibrate.

How did the ZR-1 do in B Stock compared to the other makes?
ZRapid-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #5
G-Sting

Awesome. Great pics, 8cam!

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #6
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRapid-1 View Post
From your pictures, I see concrete and asphalt. Was the course on a mix of the two surfaces? That would make it interesting.

I ran an autocross (with another car) at the Dropzone in NY. The surface was older concrete. It was like coarse sandpaper and the grip was unreal. The cornering and braking limits were so much higher that you need to recalibrate.

How did the ZR-1 do in B Stock compared to the other makes?
The grid was concrete and the course was asphalt, but even then it was different surfaces. New, worn, cracked, and a couple places with near jumps. A full minute plus long, and redline second gear three times, it really was a fantastic course.

BS here is mostly S2000s and bmw z roadsters and coupes, all stuff that's a lot newer than my old Chevy. They are also running r-compound tires and I'm on my Nitto streets. Ok enough excuses. My best time was 70.5 and the winning S2000 was 64.something. The other S2000 was just under a second quicker than me. I was happy and I know if I ran sticky tires I could be right in the mix. But the streets make it tons of fun to drift and power slide, so they have their advantages. Besides I don't have to change wheels.
Black/Gray
Old 05-03-2016   #7
Tripler

Wow . I would say that Miranda has a few very jealous friends . Whipping a C4 ZR-1 or any car around a circuit or auto cross is no small feat !!!

Those S2000's are pretty light cars ...

Congrats to both on your ZR-1derful day out

Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016   #8
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

That was waaaay cool! Congratz to both of you!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016   #9
8cam

I definitely need to up my game. She's getting much faster. Her best time beat my first run by a full second, so it's a good thing I improved too. Next time I'll have a camera for some video, but here's the FTD run. This is a crazy modified Lotus, big flares, big slicks, big wing and big turbo. He had it on the LOW boost setting!

Lotus FTD run
Black/Gray
Old 05-03-2016   #10
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
Wow . I would say that Miranda has a few very jealous friends . Whipping a C4 ZR-1 or any car around a circuit or auto cross is no small feat !!!

Those S2000's are pretty light cars ...

Congrats to both on your ZR-1derful day out

Yes she does. She's the only one among her crowd who can drive a 6 speed, including the guys, and definitely the only one who has done a full power sideways drift in a Corvette while in total control of the car. Of course it took her a couple 360+ spins to learn that!
Black/Gray