ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-22-2012   #1
cvette98pacecar

Default We are all done like burnt toast.

We are all done like burnt toast, A two owner top flight 54' sells for 45K, gs90 sells for 55K, 09 ZR1 sells for 66K, TT Z06 sells for 66K. It seems like the only modern day muscle that brought decent numbers were vehicle with CS logos.

CS= Carroll Shelby
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #2
RICKYRJ1

Default Re: We are all done like burnt toast.

LOL, doesnt matter to me I'm not selling and I'm not looking to use my Z as calateral for a loan Those are some low #'s though
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #3
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
LOL, doesnt matter to me I'm not selling and I'm not looking to use my Z as calateral for a loan Those are some low #'s though
I agree with you hole hardily, My car is not going anywhere, I do think I am however going to become a registered bidder in the future for all auctions.
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #4
PhillipsLT5

There always are some cars that cross the block and I say, that was a good deal, but how about the Elanor clone at b/J $220,000 + fees=242 on Thurs
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #5
VetteMed

If prices keep dropping, I may be forced to buy another ZR-1... that would be simply terrible... :-)
1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #6
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
There always are some cars that cross the block and I say, that was a good deal, but how about the Elanor clone at b/J $220,000 + fees=242 on Thurs
That one seemed insane, The owner said he would have been happy to get 100k for it. Why wouldn't the buyer do his homework before bidding on it. There are tons of those Elanor clones out there.
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #7
John Boothby

Auctions are crazy. You can buy nice C4 Z's for less than 20K on the open market, so why would you expect more at an auction that has hundreds of great cars? As long as current ZR-1 owners are willing to sellout for peanuts, we will continue to see low prices. Just like the RE market. As long as there are tons of forclosures, the value of all RE will suffer! So, hold on to your Z and enjoy the Beast!
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #8
gtabert

I watched in amazement when Jay Leno drove up on the stage with his "Donated" New Holland Tractor from his shop. Yes it was a charitable item up for good cause, but come on Jay, an $18,000 tractor used? Did he even bid on it to get it back? Anyway, it went for $500k! Again, great for the charity and Barrett Jackson does very well for the right causes, but is this a car auction or a show to promote the kindness of Barrett Jackson? I went last year, $50 to get in on Saturday, then you have the seller’s agreement, the buyer’s commission, I’m sure they get a cut off each vendor and who knows how many other fees attached? I'd like to know how much “They” actually make at the end of an event such as this. Of course they are going to promote the heck out of any positive feature they can to get that bid pushed up as high as it will go, resulting in a fatter bottom line for them. I guess the charity's they help promote make them feel better about that bottom line. And to think they do not have any commission attached to those bids, how generous.
[FONT=Arial]'95 ZR-1 #143[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Comp. Yellow / Black[/FONT]
gtabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #9
mgg

I watch these auctions in absolute amazement. What cars bring big money just baffles me. Caroll Shelby, with all due respect of the man and his cars it never ceases to amaze me that a 67 Gt 500 brings 100k. I owned an absolutely pristine 66 Gt 350H. I sold the car in 1990 and bought my first C4 corvette. After about 3 years of autoxing I gutted it and turned it into a full bore race car. The car is still competitive today. Try that with a GT 350 0r 500 shelby. No WAY! There is no comparison in driving experience between a my ZR-1 and my old Shelby. The history and unique development of the ZR-1 should certainly add some panache as to the value of these cars but for some reason it seems to be ignored. I love my ZR-1 and my race car and no matter what a bunch of dipshit anouncers say about them at Barrett JAckson or Mecum I feel all of us who own them are fortunate that they have not gone out of site in value so we can afford to own these wonderful cars that doninated their era for performance against any other manufacturer.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #10
John Boothby

B-J promotes the hell out of anything Carrol Shelby. In fact, Craig Jackson named his daughter after him (Shelby). I remember back in the day, Cobra's were the cat's meow. However, when they started putting his name on Mousetangs, they were mostly cosmetic. At my age my memory is not the best, but that is how I remember them.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote