ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-06-2006   #1
GrayZ

Default how do we get..more people here..than at CF?

i was thinking...our guys..(owners) should be here...not at CF.
so...if you have a good friend there...let em know to check out over here,
a little more often...like everyday...ZR1 forum for zr1 owners...now that's a concept? =D>
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #2
guinnessdood

Default Re: how do we get..more people here..than at CF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2
i was thinking...our guys..(owners) should be here...not at CF.
so...if you have a good friend there...let em know to check out over here,
a little more often...like everyday...ZR1 forum for zr1 owners...now that's a concept? =D>
Keith...I think mostly it will take the main posters at CF to come on over...then the rest will migrate...I told Jeff that last night...we talked a little about the CF and so on...he said he will be banned if he interacts with Gore any more. BANNED!!! CF is quite restrictive and does not allow horseplay in any way shape or form...!
Past OWNER 90 ZR-1 #0120 Red/Saddle
UT Plate: EZR1DER

Last edited by guinnessdood; 09-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.
guinnessdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #3
tf95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessdood
...he said he will be banned if he interacts with Gore any more. BANNED!!!
GORE?
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #4
Jeffvette

Gore = Greg Gore. just a idiot troll who is on 30 days suspension.

Anyways, I don't think the migration from CF to this forum will ever happen, until CF shuts down the ZR-1 section perm. We fought for that section, and then we fought to have it remain ZR-1 only when the Callaway guys wanted to join in. It was deemed that the ZR-1 deserves it's own section as it is a completely different car.

Then the C5 guys got jealous and demanded a Z06 section.

Problem is the weatlh of knowledge that is over at CF, and the fact that most people just don't have a ZR-1. they have a C1/2/3/5/6 to go along with it, so they hit those sections as well.
Old 09-06-2006   #5
Jeffvette

I will also say I can see where Frank is coming from. You go to the other sections and see the amount of crap that is posted, it's amazing. It's nice that the ZR-1 section is self regulated, as is shown by the lack of constant moderator presence. i know for a fact there is some stuff that would be locked/edited if it was in any other section.
Old 09-06-2006   #6
Z Factor

Thumbs up Re: how do we get..more people here..than at CF?

I think Jeff brings up some good points related to this issue.

That said, there are a variety of other issues that cause CF's ZR-1 section to have more posters. We have tried to give our members a place to express themselves without having to worry about restrictive moderation.
We started the Corvette Babes section(a success) and the Racing section(not so much so), both of which CF banned a long time ago. Additionally Carfax requests along with other petty things CF wont allow, we have no issue with. We have also run a few contests to stimulate the forum with some success. Overall the forum is a lot more active than it use to be, but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

We will keep on trying though.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #7
BBBAD94ZR1

I was wondering the same thing. Im guilty myself I have on that site more than here. Only being there is so much more posts/action. One thing I can say there are alot of big egos there and those folks should stay there. We dont need that here. To many pissing matches at the forum.

RAY
Old 09-06-2006   #8
Hammer

I was introduced to the CF before the Registry and I am fairly new here. I am trying hard not to post on the CF because I just think we should be here. I mentioned this in a reply to a previous post. I pay for the privelage (can we gwet a spelk checkler herw?) of being here and I hate to see better (and more) posts at the FREE CF. If they were to start charging $25 a year to post over there it wouldn't be so successful.

Best option, post "events only" on other forums and keep the ZR-1 chatter over here. That way everyone HAS to come here for info. I enjoy this forum and am looking forward to meeting some of you in Vegas.

Everone together now,
"I'll watch, but shalt not post to the CF"

Long live the KOTH
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #9
FU

We want YOU !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #10
cuisinartvette

Quote:
To many pissing matches at the forum
It gets old, sounds like a bunch of kids crying, really. Not saying a lot of my posts are super helpful, but damn... Ego, hp, who build the most expensive motor, who has more money...Who gives a rats azz, really.... as long as youre an owner its all good and thats it.
I love the cars, but the stereotype rings so true it really sours me at times on vette ownership in general...
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote