ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-18-2006   #1
actuary67

Default Body control module ?

Hi,

I recently purchased a 92 ZR-1 , and some of the lights on the dash do not work ( behind the radio, climate control, and user info center). The local dealer tells me that it needs a new body control module, but they are unable to locate one through GM or otherwise ? In your experience, how tough is it to locate one of these, and roughly how long does it take ? Any good sources for this particular part ?

Thanks !
Steve
-----------

92 ZR-1 #202
actuary67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #2
tomtom72

Default Re: Body control module ?

I've had good luck getting parts from Tom Henry Chevrolet, see their addy over at the netreg site. I also have had good luck with P&G Chevy in PA, partszoneonline.com. You also could try The Last Detail in Atlanta, GA.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #3
actuary67

Tom,

Thanks you very much for the info ! I checked with Tom Henry, but no luck there... I will check with P&G and the Last Detail, as you suggested.

Thanks again !

Steve
Old 07-21-2006   #4
Tom

You could also try J&D Corvette http://www.jdcorvette.com/. They have a lot of used Corvette parts as well as new. They are close to where I live and I have bought both new and used parts from them.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #5
Corvette95

First of all, CCMs are available, second I doubt that its the problem. Call Gordon Killebrew tech hotline and let him walk you through a diagnostic.
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #6
368zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuary67
Hi,

I recently purchased a 92 ZR-1 , and some of the lights on the dash do not work ( behind the radio, climate control, and user info center).
The back lighting for the devices you mention are controlled by the Incandescent Power Driver.

It's a transistor mounted on a large heat sink and bolted to a bracket on the left side of the steering column around the middle of it. It has a 4 pin white Molex connector going to it. Only 3 of the pins are used.

To see if the module is bad, unplug the connector and and at the connector short the Brown wire to the Dark Green wire. Turn the headlight switch on and the back lighting for the devices you mention should be at full brightness.
368zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #7
actuary67

Talking Re: Body control module ?

Thanks to all for the replies to my post ! A fellow zr1 registry member came to the rescue a couple of weeks ago with a remanufactured BCM, and I had it installed yesterday, and now have dashboard incandescent lighting working !

Here is the bad news, for anyone still looking for a BCM for a 92 or 93: GM is no longer making this part, effective 8-24-06. The only way to get one is to send one in to GM for remanufacture, due to a "critical core shortage"....

Old 09-09-2006   #8
yellowz

act
the bcm is not zr1 exclusive but 92/93 i sold one recently to a zr1er in ct they are available through gm you need your dealer to put a spac case on it and it will take some time???last time i ordered one it took almost 3 months to get one/

later
peter
yellowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
actuary67

Peter,

Thx for the reply... I believe that I am the person that you sold it to on your way to Carlisle ! :=)

Anyway, yes, I had tried the spac route, but recently was informed that GM is no longer making this particular BCM, so you have to send one in for reman (I'll be sending my old one in, to have a spare, just in case something happens to the good one i have now...

Thanks again !

Steve
Old 09-10-2006   #10
yellowz

hey steve
where are you sending it to???yes that is the reason for the unavailibility of this at the moment but ive never heard of them asking for any cores to be sent anywhere.Were you sending this to a center they requested and if so are you prepaying for it?????

later
peter
yellowz is offline   Reply With Quote