ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-24-2009   #1
Geof180

Default A Shout Out

to a great guy - Nick... As you guys know, I bought his torch red 94 #107..

Unbeknownst to him, there was a nail in the driver's side rear tire.

Who knows how long that thing had been in there as it was polished to a nice shine due to the miles it had seen.

Today, I went to have the tire patched and plugged, but no tire dealership around the Dayton area would even touch the car...the tires are too wide... blah blah blah

It looked like I was going to be purchasing a new set of rears for the beast.. I let Nick know, after all, this car was his baby since 2001.

And wouldn't you know it, he immediately offered to split the cost of new rear tires. This is just a testament to the quality of guy he is

Thanks buddy - this just goes to show how tight our bond is within this brotherhood...

post script - the nail was removed as it was simply piercing a tread block... no problems with the tire now

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1994 torch red on light beige ZR-1 #107 [/SIZE][SIZE=1](thanks Nick)[/SIZE][/FONT]
Geof180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #2
lbszr

Default Re: A Shout Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof180 View Post
to a great guy - Nick... As you guys know, I bought his torch red 94 #107..

Unbeknownst to him, there was a nail in the driver's side rear tire.

Who knows how long that thing had been in there as it was polished to a nice shine due to the miles it had seen.

Today, I went to have the tire patched and plugged, but no tire dealership around the Dayton area would even touch the car...the tires are too wide... blah blah blah

It looked like I was going to be purchasing a new set of rears for the beast.. I let Nick know, after all, this car was his baby since 2001.

And wouldn't you know it, he immediately offered to split the cost of new rear tires. This is just a testament to the quality of guy he is

Thanks buddy - this just goes to show how tight our bond is within this brotherhood...

post script - the nail was removed as it was simply piercing a tread block... no problems with the tire now

Voss chevrolet has no problem with the wide wheels and tires bought from anywhere and they do a great job with balancing and they use the tire load type and charge the same as others except walmart. Just don't forget to tell them maybe 10 times there are sensors in there unless there already removed before they break them off.

Let me know if you just need a tire popped off for a plug.

And I might see another Z around! That would be four in this area!
Old 04-25-2009   #3
flyin ryan

Cool, awesome way to step up, Nick
Old 04-25-2009   #4
Geof180

Quote:
And I might see another Z around! That would be four in this area!
cool a fourth.. i know of a red 90 and a white 93.. there's my red 94... what's the other one?

and thanks for the tip on voss... i am thinking of taking the ZR-1 over to jeff schmitt today as they have never even seen a car like ours.. they "thought they remembered hearing something about it years ago, but never actually saw one"

also, they are supposed to have the new 6th gen ZR1 there as well...

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1994 torch red on light beige ZR-1 #107 [/SIZE][SIZE=1](thanks Nick)[/SIZE][/FONT]
Geof180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #5
lbszr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof180 View Post
cool a fourth.. i know of a red 90 and a white 93.. there's my red 94... what's the other one?

and thanks for the tip on voss... i am thinking of taking the ZR-1 over to jeff schmitt today as they have never even seen a car like ours.. they "thought they remembered hearing something about it years ago, but never actually saw one"

also, they are supposed to have the new 6th gen ZR1 there as well...
I'm just counting ones I've seen locally, a red 91?, white 90, red 90, a light blue z saw on RT 75, year forget, and mines a 90 red.

Did you get to test drive the ZR1 at Schmitt's?
Old 04-26-2009   #6
Nick

Geof, just glad it all worked out! Now get out and enjoy that car. I sure did.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009   #7
John Boothby

My 90 ZR-1 was originally sold by Voss Chevrolet. It spent it's life around that area until 2001, at which time it was sold to a guy here in Vegas. I bought it from him in 2005.

I have been trying to find the name of the original owner but it has been very difficult due to privicy laws. The history on my car, that I have, goes back to 1995. Any ideas on how I can get this info? I do not want to contact the owner, just want to add it to the history that I have on the car.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote