ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-20-2009   #1
USAFPILOT

Default Rhipsers 90 w/ Fidanza FW

Took a ride with him today, and that Fidanza FW makes a real difference you can feel. Also, whatever rattle there is from it is hardly worth worrying about. It is a definite upgrade for me down the road when my clutch is gone.

What a blast around IAH today too, sun shining and he had the top off, something I rarely ever do, but might just have to start.

Last time I tried to tak it off I stripped out one of the torx bolts on the front and it was a nightmare to remove it after that. It shouldn't happen again though...

Thanks Rick
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #2
Kevin

Default Re: Rhipsers 90 w/ Fidanza FW

i wouldn't go so far as to say it's not worth worrying about. I've heard many cars with the fidanza and i've heard everything from no noise, to slight rattles, to "hey man is that a rod coming out of your block?" sounds. It varies from car to car and trans to trans. Just because his car doesn't make a lot of noise doesn't mean yours won't also
Old 04-20-2009   #3
jonszr1

the ones with the big rattles most likely dont have the idle raised to 850 which stops all that noise .
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #4
rhipsher

Yeah it was beautiful today. Blue skies, nice tempetures, top off. What more could you ask for. Probably more than a half hour for lunch would be nice. Those beef taco's were pretty good weren't they Ryan. They make those tortillas from scratch right in front of you. Delicous.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #5
jonszr1

no fair rick you are making me hungry. all i am getting right know is hospital food .tastes like paste . nurses arent even very pretty . glad you like the clutch .but i knew ya would
Old 04-21-2009   #6
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonszr1 View Post
the ones with the big rattles most likely dont have the idle raised to 850 which stops all that noise .
while i don't know what the idle is on the one I heard in bg a few years ago, I can assure you the car was tuned by LPE. I'll let the owner chime in if he feels that he wants to
Old 04-21-2009   #7
jonszr1

all i can share is that i have put 2 of them on 1 differewnt zr1s and havent had a noise problem with either one .no offence in tended . i was told by more than one tuner that the key is to up the idle to 850 rpm .
Old 04-21-2009   #8
Kevin

Quote:
all i can share is that i have put 2 of them on 1 differewnt zr1s and havent had a noise problem with either one .no offence in tended . i was told by more than one tuner that the key is to up the idle to 850 rpm .
no offense taken, I'm just sharing what I've seen/heard from cars I've seen with aftermarket flywheels. I can't speak to idle rpm ect becuase I don't know what they are
Old 04-21-2009   #9
XfireZ51

Quote:
...i was told by more than one tuner that the key is to up the idle to 850 rpm .

Not necessarily. Idle variation needs to be minimized. Mine idles in the 700 -750 range with little to no noise. Type of trans oil helps. I find that noise will increase somewhat the hotter the trans oil gets.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #10
rhipsher

I'm sure some ZR-1's gear noise will be louder than others. Mines not, so what can I say. It runs like a scalded dog and gives me immediate wood. Anything else is just minor details as far as I'm concerned. The only way to know is to put one in and see. I'm another satisfied Fidanza customer. It's a very well machined precission part and lined up perfectly with the crank dowel pin and bolt holes. It was a breeze to install. And in combination with the CenterForce sprunge hub disk it shifts like butter. Also Lee showed me how to reverse bleed the slave cylinder. That's the way to go. It took 5 minutes and its all done. You don't have to sit there and pump the damn peddle for 20 minutes.

Last edited by rhipsher; 04-21-2009 at 08:12 PM.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote