ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 08-16-2004   #1
gaijin

Default SPEED TV to Telecast Road America 500

SPEED CHANNEL ANCHOR SAYS ROAD AMERICA IS A CHALLENGE TO SHOOT BUT HAS MUCH TO OFFER AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES FANS

Braselton, GA - Leigh Diffey will anchor the SPEED Channel team for the Road America 500 this weekend from round seven of the 2004 American Le Mans Series season at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis. The Aussie native thoroughly enjoys Road America and feels that the track has much to offer the fans and spectators of the American Le Mans Series.

"For me growing up in Australia, Road America was at the top of my list of tracks that I wanted to visit," Diffey said. "This will be my third time to Road America. My first visit was in 2002 and my second came last year with the American Le Mans Series.

"To shoot at this track is extra challenging for television because of the extreme length of the track," he said of the 4.048-mile circuit. "The shear amount of cable that is needed for the broadcast is amazing which requires the hard work of the entire crew. However, the end result is worth it because you get amazing pictures of a track where the speed is incredible.

"Road America is no doubt one of the best tracks we visit because of the great atmosphere there," said Diffey. "The track has a lot of sports car history which keeps spectator interest extremely high which I believe flows over into the broadcast. The boys and I usually run all of the circuits that we visit, but I think we will have to pass on this one, after all, it is a four mile track."

The three-hour SPEED Channel telecast of the Road America 500 starts at 2 p.m. (EDT) Sunday.

Veteran driver Dorsey Schroeder will join Diffey in the booth, while Calvin Fish and Brian Till cover the action in the pits. David Lee will be Coordinating Producer for SPEED Channel. Wheeler Television of Charlotte, N.C., will produce the telecast with Executive Producer Patti Wheeler, while the show producer will be Jim Roller. Billy McCoy will direct the telecast.

AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES RACE INFORMATION

Track: Road America

Track Location: Elkhart Lake, Wisc.

Local Start Time: 1:00 p.m. (CDT)

Television: Speed Channel 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (EDT)

Track Length: 4.048 Mile, 12 turn road course

Race Length: 2 hours, 45 minutes
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote