ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 11-22-2008   #1
LGAFF

Default F'n Garage Door

Well,

On Friday I get a call from my wife, the garage door will not open, so I leave work early and make my 1.5 hour commute home. Checked the opener and the gear is shot.

Went out today, bought a Craftsman opener. In 1 hour have it installed, then I try to adjust the opening and closing. This is my first install, so I am a novice. Well 6 hours later it still would not open all the way, and it would then get jammed. I tried adjusting the chain, in and out with the damn adjustments.....nothing would work.

Well, finally I opened up the frickin opener......only to find that apparently someone at the factory didn't bother to put a pin in a gear. Once I use a clip to hold the gear in place 10 minutes later its perfectly adjusted and the damn door works.

LGAFF
92 ZR1

Last edited by LGAFF; 11-22-2008 at 10:00 PM.
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #2
RICHARD TILL

Default Re: F'n Garage Door

you`re not by yourself. i`ve cussed and recussed a new door all day long. its 12 ft. wide and 9 ft. tall. after hanging the door i`m having problems getting the rollers that hold the cables at the ends and the spring at the top adjusted correctly. i`ll git er done but "HELL FIRE". its back to the drawing board bright & early in the morning.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote