ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-24-2012   #1
chriskinzel

Default Blower running at 1 speed

The heater and A/C fan always runs at the same speed. I have replaced the module, but it still runs at only 1 speed. Any ideas where to go next. I have had the car since November and it was this way when I bought it. 1991 with 50k on it.
91 ZR-1 Red on Red #922
chriskinzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012   #2
gbrtng

Default Re: Blower running at 1 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskinzel View Post
The heater and A/C fan always runs at the same speed. I have replaced the module, but it still runs at only 1 speed. Any ideas where to go next. I have had the car since November and it was this way when I bought it. 1991 with 50k on it.
Meaning you can't adjust the blower speed from the control head?
And what module did you replace?
Old 02-24-2012   #3
chriskinzel

Yes, only 1 speed. When it is on auto it blows 1 speed. When ii try to change speed manually with the fan arrows nothing happens. It just blows at the same speed. I replaced the blower module in the engine compartment.
91 ZR-1 Red on Red #922
Old 02-24-2012   #4
GOLDCYLON

Replace the blower unit. Mine had the same problem. I could tap the outside of the fan blower housing and the fan speed would actually pickup.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012   #5
chriskinzel

Cool Re: Blower running at 1 speed

I guess that would be the next part to replace. Thanks goldcylon
91 ZR-1 Red on Red #922
Old 02-25-2012   #6
phrogs

If you need those switches on that are in the engine compartment on the AC cover I have them if you need them

Not sure what they are retail but Lets say $50 plus shipping.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #7
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskinzel View Post
Yes, only 1 speed. When it is on auto it blows 1 speed. When ii try to change speed manually with the fan arrows nothing happens. It just blows at the same speed. I replaced the blower module in the engine compartment.
When you change speed does the display change?
Old 02-25-2012   #8
chriskinzel

The display will change fan speed numbers but the fan runs at a constant speed. I have pulled the fuses by the glove box but nothing changes.
91 ZR-1 Red on Red #922
Old 02-26-2012   #9
GOLDCYLON

Yep been there and done that. Replace the blower unit which is not ZR-1 specific You can find them all day for any C4 NIB for less than $50. Some with or without the squirrel case which you can simply reuse. I suggest relaxing the bolts on the inner fender well obviouslly on the passenger side. Removing the blower bolts is easy but be mindful of the orifice drain tube position on the underside of the unit. If you dont relax the inside of the fender well you will not have enough room to pull the unit out due to the squirrel cage gets in the way. Very simple job to do and should not take you any more than 30 mins.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 02-26-2012 at 02:27 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #10
chriskinzel

OK. This little problem is kicking my a**. I just replaced the blower motor. Now it seems to move a little more air, but it still runs at only 1 speed! Anyone have any other ideas? This shouldn't be as hard as it is. Thanks.
91 ZR-1 Red on Red #922